ThreadID: 91253 Views:2844 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone fitted a Scan Gauge 11 to a auto Turbo 100Series ,comments please

Thanks GG.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Monday, Jan 16, 2012 at 23:19

Monday, Jan 16, 2012 at 23:19
GG,

I don't think the 100 Series has an OBDII diagnostic port - it's some other protocol, so a Scangauge won't work.

Nope - just checked at the Aus distributor's website (http://scangauge.com.au/?page_id=473).

Cheers

Frank
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 475148

Follow Up By: Member - Alastair D (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 17, 2012 at 08:11

Tuesday, Jan 17, 2012 at 08:11
GG,
Frank is correct. Your vehicle has 2 diagnostic connectors, one in the engine bay on the drivers side, the other just above the brake pedal. Both of these work on a Toyota vehicle specific protocol often called MOBD. If you join LCOOL there is a lot of information there about this.
LCOOL

There is a product Autel JP701 which is like the scan gauge and will work on your vehicle. I have one. It will read and reset error codes but does NOT do live monitoring and graphics. It will do this for a fully OBDII compliant vehicle. I have found it useful but would much prefer that TOyota had made things fully compliant. The link is below.

Autel JP701

I have no connection with this company etc.

cheers
FollowupID: 750107

Follow Up By: member - mazcan - Tuesday, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:59

Tuesday, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:59
hi alistair
very interesting site and they have units to suit several makes of vehicles
can you tell us how much the one you bought was and did you buy direct from the chinese supplieror was it through an aussie distributor
thanking you
barry
FollowupID: 750132

Follow Up By: Member - Alastair D (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:37

Tuesday, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:37
Barry,
I bought it from the local guy as per the web link I gave you. It is a home run business but they seem quite efficient and keep things in stock. The young chap seems to know his products and answers email questions quickly.

I am sure you could buy ex China if you looked but I just took the easy way and paid just over $200 from memory - some time ago now.

As well as using it on my LC100 I have used it on a recent OBDII compliant vehicle and it worked as advertised. The graphics are perhaps a bit small but all the data is there. It helped one person sort out their injection problem on a V8 cruiser. I sorted an ABS problem on my vehicle so I consider it as having paid for itself. Much more convenient for reading error codes than counting lights and looking up the tables. I used to be happy doing that but too impatient nowadays - nothing to do with increasing age!!

cheers
FollowupID: 750137

Follow Up By: member - mazcan - Tuesday, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:57

Tuesday, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:57
thanks alistair
i have a vw golf so am considering buying the appropiate unit as i do all my own services they want $165p/hr labour so the cost of a unit will be recouped quickly
cheers barry
FollowupID: 750143

Sponsored Links