ningaloo camping

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 18, 2012 at 21:20
ThreadID: 91304 Views:1950 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
has anyone ever camped at point billie just near winderabandi point,or anyone ever visited? we are just after some info as we're probably staying there june this year with kids.any info would be greatly appreciated...
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Wednesday, Jan 18, 2012 at 21:39

Wednesday, Jan 18, 2012 at 21:39
We camped there a couple of years ago at the end of July. Its quite open, only a few low shrubs and a low dune for shelter, and we found it to be very windy. You can camp close to the beach though and the water is shallow so should be good for kids. You will need to be totally self sufficient and have plenty of water, and firewood if you need it. Also no toilet facilities. Road in was just a rough track. There are a number of campsites there so you may not have the place to yourselves.

We planned to stay there for a week but left after a couple of nights because the wind and blown sand was too unpleasant. Apart from that its a great spot.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 475365

Follow Up By: drowned_rat - Saturday, Jan 21, 2012 at 20:09

Saturday, Jan 21, 2012 at 20:09
We were there in September 2002 and it was quite windy at that time of year, we stayed at Lakeside which happened to have a vacancy when we arrived. It has some extablished trees, is close to the water, has a sandy beach plus some coral reefs near the shore. It also had a shallow lake with mud crabs in it, the kids had plenty of fun catching the crabs.
FollowupID: 750574

Reply By: the bromz - Wednesday, Jan 18, 2012 at 22:45

Wednesday, Jan 18, 2012 at 22:45
thanks val,yeh it can be soooo windy up there,ive been up that way numerous times but never to point billie,all the other spots are booked out and the bombing range is now closed to camping so point billei is our only spot left.whats the actual beach like?ive heard its not all soft sand like elsewhere,partly rocky?cheers jason
AnswerID: 475372

Follow Up By: marc p - Wednesday, Jan 18, 2012 at 23:12

Wednesday, Jan 18, 2012 at 23:12
I was going to suggest South Lefroy Bay. Stayed there on Nov for a week and will be staying again in March this year.
FollowupID: 750306

Follow Up By: Member - John and Val - Thursday, Jan 19, 2012 at 07:17

Thursday, Jan 19, 2012 at 07:17
Hi Jason,

The beach was narrowish and sandy and quite long but there was a rocky bluff not far from our camp.

Cheers

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 750314

Sponsored Links