Weekend camping trip

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 19, 2012 at 14:49
ThreadID: 91315 Views:1341 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Finally found a weekend where the family has nothing on so we can go camping. Problem is we want to go somewhere different.

Looking for recommendations on good camp sites within 2 hours of Gosford. Bush camping is preferred as we like to be alone, at least no crowds.

We usually like to have somewhere to swim (beach or river/dam) and a good veiw if possible.

If you don't want to tell the world about your suggestion please send me a private message

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member Andys Adventures - Thursday, Jan 19, 2012 at 17:32

Thursday, Jan 19, 2012 at 17:32
Try Swans crossing out side of Kendall. It is a state forest and the camp ground is free. there is a swimming hole and nice walks. Turn left at Kew off the Pacific HWY and follow it out through Kendall. Their are signs showing the way. Has toilets and water and free firewood. A lot of places close by to see including Ellenborough falls.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 475430

Reply By: dindy - Thursday, Jan 19, 2012 at 17:37

Thursday, Jan 19, 2012 at 17:37
If you want somewhere close and quiet try Thunderbolts way up near Gloucester.
There are a number of camping reserves along the river, which due to the amount of rain recently means it is flowing and clean. All reserves have fire places and toots. You will need to take your own firewood. Usually quiet outside school holidays. Country side is looking great. Went through there just after xmas, not too many people there. Also it is a great drive. I'm from the central coast and often travel that way when heading north away from the madness of the pacific hwy.
AnswerID: 475431

Sponsored Links