Lovells Gas Legend Shock Absorbers - MK Triton

Submitted: Friday, Jan 20, 2012 at 19:15
ThreadID: 91344 Views:3708 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
So... I've been researching for about 3 months on what shock absorbers to buy for my 05 MK triton. It has 130000km on the clock and I was starting to feel the old shocks (OEM) were wearing out, especially at the rear.

I didn't want to spend too much, nor did I want to buy something which was going to wear out quickly.. I was going to settle on a set of 4 Ironman nitro gas shocks purely because they were one of the cheapest, and I didn't intend to do too much serious 4wdriving with them.. Considered EFS and OME shocks, but then stumbled on a set of 4 lovells shocks for around $110ea...

Anyway, last week, placed the order for the lovells.. arrived on Wednesday, installed them this afternoon, went for a drive and I can't believe I didn't swap the old ones out earlier.. I read on a previous post on lovells shocks on an triton, and there was a mention and speculation on the improvement they made to normal road noise, but I can definitely confirm the improvement. Now, this could mean that the old shocks were just plain rubbish (which my old rear ones were.. no return whatsoever) and I can't possibly remember how the car handled when it was brand new, but the new ones have definitely made an improvement.

All I have to do now is a few more trips to test them out....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve M1 (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 21, 2012 at 14:27

Saturday, Jan 21, 2012 at 14:27
recently bought the same package for my Prado - dithered a bit, at first because I was going to go for Billys shocks and Lovell springs as before or even OME but thought it's hardly a life threatening risk. Lovells aren't going to put out crappy shocks and their springs are as good as they come. They feel pretty good. around town and I've done a bit of bush stuff but nothing really challenging yet. So far so good. and a good $500 cheaper than any other decent options. I'm sure the price will pick up a bit as the shocks get a foothold in the market.
AnswerID: 475583

Follow Up By: benting88 - Saturday, Jan 21, 2012 at 18:13

Saturday, Jan 21, 2012 at 18:13
Yeah, I was definintely steered by price when making my decision, and I too thought that they're not going to put out a rubbish product...

I did a recent trip up through queensland on the last shock absorbers, and after about a thousand k's on the slightly corrugated leichardt hwy, the circlip holding the front CV shaft popped off.. On my next trip back up, I hope the new shocks make an improvement!
FollowupID: 750563

Reply By: Member - bbuzz (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 21, 2012 at 17:07

Saturday, Jan 21, 2012 at 17:07
I have heavy duty standard height springs (Lovells) and their gas shocks on my 120 Prado.
Very happy with them.

Even happier with the warranty - lifetime on the springs and 3 years on the shocks.

Bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 475591

Sponsored Links