Aussie company standing by customer.

Submitted: Monday, Jan 23, 2012 at 19:07
ThreadID: 91405 Views:2137 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Every vehicle I have had over last 10 years I have put in an Aussie Desert Cooler radiator and had no more "I'm getting hot" issues.
The latest one developed a leak and I left it a while and it was hard for the local repairer to get a seal on the tank he said that the coolant seemed to have impregnated the brass/copper. I wrote to Aussie Desert Cooler and asked for advice and that's all just advice I didnt ask for anything off them and was gob smacked when they wrote back to their long standing customer and informed me they were making me a brand new heavy duty aluminum one and would post it out all free of charge. I have been driving for over 30 years and a real car enthusiast for all that time and I have never know an Australian or any other company to be so generous to me or stand by their customer so much and to say I'm impressed by a mile is an understatement.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ken triton - Monday, Jan 23, 2012 at 19:58

Monday, Jan 23, 2012 at 19:58
Hi Howesy,
That's a great story, good on Aussie Desert Cooler. I have been in the automotive parts industry for 37 years and in the past we have made some great quality products in this country. Unfortunately those days are nearly gone as we make less and less good quality automotive parts in our great country. Some of the parts that are being sold these days are sub par quality, it is very hard to contact a manufacturer in China and get that sort of customer service. Keep buying Australian made products where you can as they as are getting hard to find.
Regards
Ken
AnswerID: 475813

Follow Up By: howesy - Monday, Jan 23, 2012 at 20:14

Monday, Jan 23, 2012 at 20:14
their product like you say being aussie is not as cheap as others but quality is good and in this case customer loyalty exceptional I'm proud to support aussie manufacturers as long as their product is good quality and dont mind paying for it if it is.

FollowupID: 750816

Reply By: Flighty ( WA ) - Tuesday, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:33

Tuesday, Jan 24, 2012 at 10:33
Howesy
Aussie Desert Cooler's had a stand at this years Motorvation in Perth here,only just a couple of weeks ago.
I think the gentleman's name is Norm and I must say they do have some very impressive gear for all types of cars from Mum's shopping trolley right up to 700 HP+ drag cars.
Good to see that type of back-up & support to a product.
Cheers
Paul

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 475866

Follow Up By: howesy - Wednesday, Jan 25, 2012 at 16:36

Wednesday, Jan 25, 2012 at 16:36
It was actually Norm who dealt with it and arranged the new one. Never met the guy but whenever I have spoken to him he has always seemed a reasonable bloke.
FollowupID: 751002

Sponsored Links