WDH USED ON PATROL GU

Submitted: Monday, Jan 30, 2012 at 16:51
ThreadID: 91549 Views:2199 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Noted in latest C & MH mag an article on the Nissan Patrol used as a tow vehicle.
In this article is a section, complete with photograph, which states that a Load Levelling or Weight Distribution device is not recommended to be fitted when used with a 'genuine' Nissan towbar. The photographed sticker is on the left hand rear Barn door. The narrative states that the reason seems that the towbar is not rated for any WDH device.
Prior to reading this article and after checking my motor manual, sticker etc for my 2009 3Ltr GU with genuine towbar fitted by Nissan, I acquired a WDH (yet to be used). I have nothing to say these cannot be used.
Is there anyone out there that:
a. uses a WDH on their Nissan Patrol with genuine towbar and if so do you have any problem?

b. can identify why my 2009 motor manual or sticker does not have any warning re WDH?

The article was very fair to Nissan as it did not mention the Fuel Economy.
Andy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: hoffy - Monday, Jan 30, 2012 at 18:09

Monday, Jan 30, 2012 at 18:09
Not really relevant to your Patrol, but I always used WDH on our 2001 Patrol right up till we sold it. No problems at all.

By the way did you notice how the rear of the Patrol in that article was much lower than the Patrol normally rides. Maybe it needed the assistance of a good WDH.

Graeme
AnswerID: 476401

Follow Up By: Therifleman - Monday, Jan 30, 2012 at 19:42

Monday, Jan 30, 2012 at 19:42
I have always used a WDH on both my 2006 model and also on my current 2010 model.No problems with either.Regards,Mick.
FollowupID: 751468

Follow Up By: DIESEL22 - Tuesday, Jan 31, 2012 at 19:52

Tuesday, Jan 31, 2012 at 19:52
Thanks Fellas,
Will take yr knowledge into account and use said item regardless of what the C & MH article says. I do not believe that over the past few years that the Chassis or Towbar has changed in design but all of a sudden it has surfaced.
I find it hard to believe that on such a popular vehicle, they would produce a towbar and matching car that does not conform with any WDH.
Do not want to ask Nissan as wud probably get some person that doesnt know wot a
WDH is.
As for getting a Hayman Reece, is there a diffence between the two? I do not believe so.
Tks,
Andy
FollowupID: 751597

Reply By: Motherhen - Tuesday, Jan 31, 2012 at 00:43

Tuesday, Jan 31, 2012 at 00:43
Play it safe, forget the Nissan towbar and get a Hayman Reece.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 476433

Sponsored Links