Ian Grant Highlander Off Road Van

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 04, 2012 at 17:59
ThreadID: 91660 Views:1930 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have any views on the Highlander off road caravan.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bucky - Sunday, Feb 05, 2012 at 07:16

Sunday, Feb 05, 2012 at 07:16
Linda
We had a look at one at Ian Grant's in Traralgon, just 2 weeks ago.

Also asked why they didn't use Piano Hinges ?
Answer..... Price
Makes me think what else they have not done to keep the price down ?

The Jury is out, ATM

We aldo looked at A Goldstream, at Pakenham Factory.
Was very disappointed at Off Road Version.
All Electrics, and plumbing, hung down under steel joists and crossbeams.
That would be the first thing to go, off road.

I just wish they would make them the same as the ones they do for the Shows.

Cheers
Bucky.
AnswerID: 476929

Follow Up By: Scolers - Sunday, Feb 05, 2012 at 08:44

Sunday, Feb 05, 2012 at 08:44
You surprise me with Goldstream.

We've just bought a 17ft cut-a-way with all the offroad bling. Van was finished to perfection and there after customer service is brilliant. Already taken it offroad and had cause to use the cut-a-way around some levee banks. NOTHING hangs below the chassis in our van ... Mitch Damyon is the guy to speak to in the first instance.

Good luck!

Scol.
FollowupID: 752081

Follow Up By: Member - Bucky - Sunday, Feb 05, 2012 at 09:53

Sunday, Feb 05, 2012 at 09:53
Scol
I am glad to hear that you did well.

We were very disappointed to find underhanging services.
What we seen at the Leisurefiest at Sandown Racetrack did not suggest anything that would render the van suceptable to rough going

We were very taken by what we seen at the show, and wanted to look very closely at the van, with pland of getting one, at 22 ft.

In doing that, at their Pakenham factory, you can imagine my disappointment.
Not anything like the off-road van we seen at the show, but suposedly the same van... Even had the brochures, just a shorter version

Never mind, plenty of fish in the sea
Cheers
Bucky
FollowupID: 752097

Follow Up By: Linda H2 - Sunday, Feb 05, 2012 at 13:31

Sunday, Feb 05, 2012 at 13:31
Thanks Bucky
Its agonising trying to find the the right van, the one that really seems to take the cake is the trakmaster, its really expensive compared to all the other off roaders they usually have everything included, whereas Trakmaster just about everything is an option which is disappointing, but Trakmaster specialize in off road vans they don't make any other sort, so I would imagine they know the business. Lets know if you hear of any other good off roaders. Thanks Linda
FollowupID: 752137

Follow Up By: Scolers - Sunday, Feb 05, 2012 at 16:53

Sunday, Feb 05, 2012 at 16:53
I replied to Bucky's second post ... no idea where it went.

Yes Linda it is difficult. It took us 18 months plu to find the manufacturer we wanted and then a further 8 months to wait for it to be completed.

When I went to Melbourne to pick the van up I saw the van you are talking about ... I wasn't impressed. You could also try Evernew in Heidelberg. They were tied with Goldstream for us and the only reason we chose Goldy over Evernew was due to communication issues with Evernew. Other than that they make a good van.

Bucky,

Shame I can't show you a pic of our van ... totally 'clean' underneath and very solid. When I did a search fro Goldstream I couldn't find one negative comment ... this is the first time I'm aware of one. They must have been having a bad day ... did you point it out to them?

Scol.

FollowupID: 752180

Sponsored Links