Wiring up In Dash DVD / Nav System HELP

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 19:03
ThreadID: 91723 Views:3509 Replies:6 FollowUps:11
This Thread has been Archived
I got one of these for my 200 Series..
Image Could Not Be Found

I dont know how to wire it up can you help. Below are pictures of the various plugs and wire connections.

Image Could Not Be Found\

These are the Tags on each Plug
DVD-L 0ut ( White)
DVD-R Out ( Red)
I take it these are for L & R Screens.

Speakers I have sorted ok

What are these ones for.
CVBS-OUT 1 (Yellow)
V-In (Yellow)
CVBS-Out 2 (Yellow)
CCD-In (Yellow)

More Questions Pictures to Follow
Cheers
Wayne B

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Wayne B (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 19:25

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 19:25
This is the second lot of wiring.

Image Could Not Be Found

Not such a problem except for the 4 loose wires.
Blue (Reverse) Would this go to the reverse signal from the gearbox
Pink (Hand Brake) Thats ok
Green (AMP-CONT) I have no idea
Purple (Not Tagged)

Image Could Not Be Found

The large white plug contains steering wheel control inputs However there are another 4 wires coming from the radio end (Black Plug)
CCD-12V (Yellow)
TV-Cont (Blue)
Not Tagged (Yellow)
Not Tagged (Black)
Front - CCD- In ( Yellow Plug)

Last of all the Reversing Camera
Image Could Not Be Found

Black Plug to Camera then there is one Red and One Black wire ( Would these be Power and earth or Reversing light Pick Up)

Image Could Not Be Found

One Yellow Plug and one very thin red wire. Have no idea what thin red wire is for.

Thank you
Wayne B
AnswerID: 477222

Follow Up By: Dust-Devil - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 19:34

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 19:34
Damn! that looks positively nasty. I was of the impression that these gizmos were just plug and play and away you go thingys.

No doubt there is someone on the forum that has run into this situation before and will be able to help.

DD
FollowupID: 752394

Follow Up By: Dust-Devil - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 19:36

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 19:36
Did it come with installation instructions. If so there should be some sort of indicator in there as to what connects to what, even if it is in 'another' language.
FollowupID: 752397

Follow Up By: garrycol - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 20:18

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 20:18
If in doubt - try reading the instructions.
FollowupID: 752402

Follow Up By: Member - Wayne B (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 20:35

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 20:35
Instructions?? what are they No such thing. Most of it looks like it will be plug and play as far as the DVD and Navigation is concerned. Harness is made to suite the Toyota. However the problem is the extras like the rev camera and the few odd wires that dont even rate a mention or tag.

Cheers
Wayne B
FollowupID: 752407

Reply By: vk1dx - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 19:43

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 19:43
Ours was supplied with a purpose built harness to integrate the in-dash unit with the cars wiring. The only cables left over were for us to connect Ipods, USB memory stic (music) and a couple more.

Can they supply the cable as well? I am guessing no but I thought I would ask.

Phil
AnswerID: 477226

Follow Up By: Member - Wayne B (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 20:50

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 20:50
Yes It came with Toyota wiring so it should just plug in.

I am sure it will work ok as I have said above DVD. Radio, Navigation etc . I really would like to know what to do with the spare wires that dont rate a mention and the Rev Camera which is not part of the Toyota Wiring.

Also There are two Headrest DVDs that can be independent units in their own right or be wired into the dash unit. Non of this are part of the Toyota wiring.

Each headrest is a complete DVD player on its own. These Headrests plus the dash unit can be wires up to all show the one video or play three separate movies at the one time. Why the hell you would want to play 3 different movies at the same time I cant answer. At least they do have wireless head phones. LOL

The system is good quality and can do OzExplorer CE and Hemma Maps etc with moving map and the whole shooting match.

It would be nice to be able to connect everything up the first time without having to remove the dash unit 20 times to connect something I forgot, if you know what I mean

Cheers
Wayne B
FollowupID: 752413

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 22:02

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 22:02
Wayne

I think it would be a wise investment to pop over to someone like BDL Car Stereo and get them to finish it. They put ours in the dash, including the rear view camera. They also supplied the extension cables to enable me to get to them from the gearbox. The cables in the glovebox also give me an input from a camera mounted on the windscreen or wherever. It has blue tooth but as I will not answer the phone when driving I disabled it. I don't even use my old flat as a tack mobile phone.

We also use OziCE and I have 7Gb of maps on the SD card. We have about 5 days of background music on a walkman that runs via the USB port in the glovebox. It has street nav but I have only used that once in two years. I deleted the Moving Map as I prefer OziCE.

I cannot advise on the DVD's as we don't use that output at all. My son hooked his up the headrests for the kids. BDL can help there also.

I am not connected to BDL in any way whatsoever. Just a happy customer.

Best of luck.

Phil
FollowupID: 752427

Reply By: Member - John Baas (WA) - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 21:30

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 21:30
There's a couple of good relevant threads on LCOOL Wayne.

LCOOL

Nav Systems Discussion

Cheers.
AnswerID: 477241

Reply By: aboutfivebucks (Pilbara) - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 21:39

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 21:39
Wayne,

I put one of these in my cruiser (well something that looks very similar)
I too didn't want to pull the dash out more than once.

You sound like your on the mark with most of it. I'm not sure about the extra red hire on the rev camera. Mine has a red/black twin and the yellow a/v plug.

One thing you may not be aware of. There is some regulation in the USA that prevents a movie from displaying unless the park brake is on. As i'm not in the US and the others in my war want to watch movies while I'm driving, I had to bypass the park brake. There is plenty of info on you tube to show you how to do this. It should be as simple as grounding the pink instead of hooking it to the park brake. It worked for me.

Good Luck.

AnswerID: 477242

Follow Up By: Member - Wayne B (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 22:04

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 22:04
Thanks.
So your twin Red / Black wire connected to where.????.

I think my thin Red wire at the other end near the Yellow AV Plug could be to operate the Rev Screen mode when rev is selected so you dont have to push the button on the dash to activate the screen.

I know about the Hand Brake bit, Thanks

Wayne B
FollowupID: 752428

Follow Up By: SDG - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 22:17

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 22:17
Red is usually power, so could it be the power to the rev camera?
FollowupID: 752430

Follow Up By: aboutfivebucks (Pilbara) - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 22:39

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 22:39
Yeah - i should have mentioned that bit.
Red - active on reversing light (at rear of car). Black - earth it somewhere nearby.
My camera only operates when in reverse.

Have fun

FollowupID: 752437

Reply By: apriti00 - Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 23:50

Tuesday, Feb 07, 2012 at 23:50
Hi Wayne,

I recently purchased what looks identical to your unit, I am getting close to completing the install as I also had a hard time getting the information as none is really useful with the unit. One thing I notice you have the extra camera which you can use as an optional front camera as the 200 already comes with a rear camera that will come on automatically when you select reverse. I am currently trying to get the info on how to hook up the extra camera as again zero instructions come with the unit. What you will require if you already have the factory rear camera is a harness (VMS camera adapter) that you can purchase at any ARB store or directly from VMS, this will plug in directly to the factory wires and new radio. As per some other replies you will need to ground the pink and black wires if you have a passenger that wants to view videos while you drive, the default is to earth via the hand brake wire ensuring you are stationary while watching a video. If you get the VMS harness connect the wires as follow: red wire from adaptor to reverse wire, earth black wire, red untethered to blue on harness also yellow to earth.
Hope this helps.
PS I have assumed that you have the Toyota integrated camera if not let me know and I have some other info that will help.
Cheers Walter
AnswerID: 477258

Follow Up By: Member - Wayne B (NSW) - Wednesday, Feb 08, 2012 at 07:48

Wednesday, Feb 08, 2012 at 07:48
No Toyota Rev Camera on the GX. (Barn doors). No wiring for Rev Camera that I can see.

Cheers
Wayne B
FollowupID: 752455

Reply By: Member - Wayne B (NSW) - Wednesday, Feb 08, 2012 at 21:27

Wednesday, Feb 08, 2012 at 21:27
Ok Plugged everything into original harness all Good.
Just need to wire up rev camera I dont know where the THIN RED wire goes.
If I can find that out then everything will be ok.

Cheers
Wayne B
AnswerID: 477309

Follow Up By: Member - Wayne B (NSW) - Thursday, Feb 09, 2012 at 17:39

Thursday, Feb 09, 2012 at 17:39
The Seller has been fantastic. He provided all the info I needed so all should be good. The Rev camera actually picks up two 12v+ inputs one from the rev light and one from the gearbox. I dont really understand that, anyway I will hook it up over the weekend

Cheers
Wayne B
FollowupID: 752559

Sponsored Links