road from Stuart H/w to Beetaloo and on to CarpentariaH/way

Submitted: Monday, Feb 13, 2012 at 17:27
ThreadID: 91839 Views:1643 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi to all, has anyone taken the road off from the Stuart Highway near Elliott out east to Beetaloo and onwards approx. north east to the Carpentaria Highway exiting near Tanumbirini? One Hema map shows this as a track, another stops the track at Beetaloo. Look forward to any replies as this would be a track we would like to do to place us up near Cape Crawford. Thanks, Jan
Couldn't ask for any better!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member Andys Adventures - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 09:22

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 09:22
Hi Jan Z, Which Hema map shows the track, as the Hemai5 navigation system only shows it to Beetaloo. If they is a track it would be a station track.
Andy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 477720

Follow Up By: Member - Jan Z (QLD) - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 17:38

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 17:38
Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundHi Andy, an older 1998 Hema map shows the track and we have it also on a 2006 road atlas, however our newest Top End and Gulf purchased late last year, doesn't show it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 753057

Follow Up By: Member Andys Adventures - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 20:43

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 20:43
Hi Jan Z, I just travelled from Hi Way Inn to Cape Crawford 2 weeks ago and did not see any turn off. Your best bet is to ring Beetaloo or Cape Crawford their Number is 0889759928. Hope this helps
Andy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 753097

Follow Up By: Member - mick C (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 21:06

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 21:06
Hi Jan Z
Beetaloo is privately owned and they own most of the country between Beetaloo house and Cape Crawford , and the only way is to do like Andy suggest and ring Beetaloo /Cape Crawford as a lot of tracks that used to be available are being closed off due to some travellers doing the wrong thing and making it difficult for the majority who do the right thing and respect the right of passage through private propety , best of luck
Mick
Poppa Bear

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 753103

Follow Up By: Member - Jan Z (QLD) - Thursday, Feb 16, 2012 at 13:50

Thursday, Feb 16, 2012 at 13:50
Hi Andy and Mick, thanks for your replies, and thanks especially Andy for the telephone number for Beetaloo/Cape Crawford. I will ring them close to taking off and see what can be arranged. Isn't it always a shame that some others muck up and do the wrong thing. Never mind, all I can do is ask and see what transpires. Not heading off until April, so will certainly check out all conditions etc. before then. Much appreciated, and all the best to you both, Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 753299

Sponsored Links