Darwin to Necastle NSW

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 01:07
ThreadID: 91849 Views:1349 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I know I am going to be asked the question in the next couple of weeks by the son in law. Can I take the Disco to Newcastle?

Unfortunately I am up in Singapore (2 year posting) and while I have seen the floods in OZ not sure what the road conditions are like.
Problem is the S-I-L will need to get to Newcastle quickly and not keen for the ARB bar to collect another roo!

His off road skills are limited. Vehicle is fitted with snorkel and has a new set of Mickey Thompson A/Ts, but its a bloody long drive by yourself. From what I hear Qld and NSW are in for more rain too.

Any thoughts
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member Andys Adventures - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 08:57

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 08:57
Hi Wayne D, Its tar all the way so no off road needed. To avoid roos don't drive in the late afternoon or early in the morning. Take 6 days to drive the route and stop every 2 hours for 15 minutes and every 2nd stop for 30 minutes. The roads around St George should be repaired by that time. I did that drive late last year by myself, just had some good music playing and the klm fly past.
Andy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 477716

Follow Up By: Member - Wayne D (NSW) - Wednesday, Feb 15, 2012 at 13:08

Wednesday, Feb 15, 2012 at 13:08
Thanks Andy Given lack of 4wd experience was worried that he may try to cross a creek or river just a little too deep.
The disco has a LR "raised air intake" and not completely water proof if too deep.
But looks like he now has to fly anyway so will give me a chance to do some 4wding when I get over there in March
FollowupID: 753158

Reply By: dindy - Wednesday, Feb 15, 2012 at 07:18

Wednesday, Feb 15, 2012 at 07:18
Hi Wayne D
I'm flying to darwin on the 23rd of this month for a few days to visit my wife who is working up there. I live near wyong and would be happy to drive your vehicle to newcastle for you if you pay for the fuel and some of the living costs costs.

Steve
AnswerID: 477820

Follow Up By: Member - Wayne D (NSW) - Wednesday, Feb 15, 2012 at 13:15

Wednesday, Feb 15, 2012 at 13:15
Thanks for the generous offer but May have to pass on this one
FollowupID: 753161

Sponsored Links