Green Slip showing....?

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 17:07
ThreadID: 91872 Views:2806 Replies:7 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Renewal for Jack Greenslip arrives....$523...Hmmm...dont get discount cause have
some demerit points. Discounted price...$360 odd. Been with em for 5 years, not
that impressed, but good news is coming....quick quote from another Co & price is
cheaper by $185 to $338. A check of fine print seems to indicate apples with apples,
so got "lucky" I guess...:)))))............oldbaz.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Richard H - West NSW - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 17:10

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 17:10
It pays to shop around, and sometimes if you negotiate with the insurer, they'll suddenly lower their price.

AnswerID: 477775

Follow Up By: Member - Oldbaz. NSW. - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 17:16

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 17:16
You're so right, Richard. I did think of contacting them & say "Match This" but why
should I beg when the other offer was freely made ? cheers.......oldbaz.
FollowupID: 753053

Follow Up By: Bazooka - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 18:56

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 18:56
With you there Oldbaz. I usually ask for 'your best price' and will only give them a second chance if they've given good service in the past. Mind you if you'd rung back you would have had the staisfaction of then telling them they'd lost your business.
FollowupID: 753074

Reply By: Member - Richard W (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 17:49

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 17:49
Baz,

The cover for CTP in NSW is the same between all companies although some throw in limited personal accident cover for the driver at fault.
This site is worth checking each year as it provides the premiums for all companies in the scheme.
Green Slip Calculator

AnswerID: 477780

Reply By: Geoff in SA - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 18:25

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 18:25
That's great
Wish we in SA could do that but the CTP is included with rego and that makes it non negotiable so we are stuck with what it costs.

AnswerID: 477784

Reply By: Ted G - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 19:39

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 19:39
Never have your Greenslip and Comprehensive insurance with the same company.
NRMA a small claim with lifetime no claim bonus they charged both cars we own an extra $300 for 2 years for the greenslip.
Have not had a Greenslip with Nrma for the past 4 years and shop around for the best price each year, NRMA never the cheapest.
Every year they offer a discount on car insurance if we take out a Greenslip with them but at an extra $600 it would need to have $6000 of insuance to break even.
Regards
Ted G
AnswerID: 477794

Follow Up By: Kimba10 - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 22:09

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 22:09
""NRMA a small claim with lifetime no claim bonus "" this is such a load of crap by the NRMA. Some people are suckers (dont mean yourself) Friends of our bought a brand new WRX, she clipped the front guard/bar (her own fault) and is going to claim, told her it will cost her next time she pays for insurance lets try and polish out first and just blow in the bootom of the bar save her $650 excess, na its alright I just have it fixed and claim, anyway I have 65% for life, I said 65% of what ?? She looked at me stupid, I said again 65% of what ?? $3000 $2000 what ?? I said you dont get some thing for nothing, all they will do is put the base premium up then give you your 65% so it will go up the following year......Goods sales pitch by the NRMA. not sure if anyone who is with the NRMA has notice but they hve removed the base premium from the paperwork, very cunning, and make sure Baz you read the fine print big time, as most recomend you inform them of any at fault accidents or fines in the last 5 years ??? There a bloody rip off. Even if you do have an at fault accident why should you pay more for green slip if nobody has claimed through the green slip ?? You pay for either 1/3 party property damage or comprehensive insurance for the car why should the green slip go up as well ?? load of crap just to give them some more money for nothing. When this happened to my wife they told her because she was a liability, I said well she did say her neck was extremely sore and I sujest they put the manager on, in the end we got our greenslip for the cheaper price again, this was 7 years ago....
FollowupID: 753110

Reply By: Axle - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 21:43

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 21:43
G/Day Old Baz,....A couple of yrs ago i was at a servo putting air in a front drivers side tyre, when a young sheila reversed straight back out of a parking bay without looking and bowled me A over Z and my foot ended up her exhaust pipe..(don't Laugh)...Anyway bad burns Blah...Blah, could not work for a while, So decided to claim agaiinst her Insurer( Green Slip).. What a Joke!!!, made me realise what a absolute bloody Rort this thing is, ..Being self employed they wanted 3yrs Tax returns so as they could work out what sort of weekly wage they could work out to pay for lost time,I WAS AFTER LOST MACHINE TIME, BEING A SOLE TRADER, and not being able to operate!!, would not come to the party without a major hassle, so i settled for their little pittance in disgust, .....So My thing is pay as little as possible for the thing from anyone, as its only a bit of paper to enable you to get your vehicle regoed, not much else!.

Cheers Axle.

PS... That involment was with one of the bigger players in insurance.
AnswerID: 477805

Reply By: Dreadnought - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 22:01

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 22:01
And all this talk has got "what" to do with this website?
If you want to compare insurance quotes, how about jumping onto the "choice" website instead?..............
AnswerID: 477807

Follow Up By: Axle - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 22:11

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 22:11
If you have a 4Wd, then i think insurance is a great topic to discuss here!

Axle.
FollowupID: 753111

Follow Up By: Kimba10 - Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 22:15

Tuesday, Feb 14, 2012 at 22:15
Its to do with rego of your vehicle which is related to this website as most people on here have a vehicle that going by the thousands of posts on here need to register to get around this great country of ours. All old baz was doing was informing people to shop around for a greenslip before just paying it.......
FollowupID: 753112

Reply By: Member - Paul B (WA) - Friday, Feb 17, 2012 at 01:21

Friday, Feb 17, 2012 at 01:21
What's a greenslip? Do we have that in WA?
AnswerID: 477968

Sponsored Links