canvas

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 15, 2012 at 18:43
ThreadID: 91889 Views:1751 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,
First time user, and have a lot to learn about using the site, we have been building our own camper trailer now for a couple of years, photos will follow eventually. We have had $6000 - $11000 for canvas work, which is way out of our budget and seems absurd.
We have decided to do the canvas work ourselves, and as we have built everything ourselves, surely the canvas work cannot be that difficult. Considering making a sample from some cheap material and using for the pattern for the canvas.
The question is, we are looking for advice on the best canvas to use, what weight for roof and walls and where to purchase at a reasonable price.
Have heard about ripstock, and waxconvertors and the more I hear the more I am confused and undecided. If anybody has some firsthand information we would welcome the chance to chat. We are in Hastings on the Mornington-Peninsula.
Regards
Bill
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Wednesday, Feb 15, 2012 at 19:40

Wednesday, Feb 15, 2012 at 19:40
Welcome aboard Bill, have you rung around for many quotes? Give Peter at Traralgon Trim and Canvas a call. I've been very happy with their price and quality of work. Not too far from you and may save you a lot of grief. He was doing a camper trailer when I was in there last week.

24 McMahon Street Traralgon VIC 3844
(03) 5174 5826

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 477879

Follow Up By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Thursday, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:10

Thursday, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:10
Gooday Mick,
getting another three rooms added to the "Taj Mahal" were we? ... lol. (:
Electrics should be completed on my truck today.
regards
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 753276

Sponsored Links