Suspension Upgrade

Hi all,
Some of you all knowing travellers will be able to help me (I hope).
We have a 2009 NS Pajero DiD LWB. It has an alloy ECB bar (no winch) dual batteries up front, no draws in rear so no weight in back all of the week( but do carry recovery gear in 3rd row seat well all the time just in case)
The question is :- I want to get a 50mm lift so what springs should I fit front & back. I have purchased a full set of Bilsteins so I now need springs to suit, I was thinking for the FRONT- Kings or Lovells HD & REAR- Kings progressive rate or would Lovell SD and Air bags be better for a softer ride (as we have a Camper Trailer with a ball weight of 80-90kg loaded.
We getaway about once a month for w/k ends with two 4week trips a year. We try and free camp as much as possible, and the rear has a medium load when we travel
All replies greatly appreciated
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wayne David - Saturday, Feb 18, 2012 at 18:10

Saturday, Feb 18, 2012 at 18:10
This is the best tip I can offer http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/

Cheers - Wayne
AnswerID: 478074

Follow Up By: Wayne David - Saturday, Feb 18, 2012 at 19:48

Saturday, Feb 18, 2012 at 19:48
By the way Tony, I have a Pajero NT with the 50mm lift, under body protection, bull bar, breathers and air bags. And I tow a CT.

I'm happy with Bilsteins & Koni springs (I believe). I found the 50mm lift just makes the Paj that much better off road.

The Pajero club guys are just switched-on with various options & advice.

Happy trails - Wayne
FollowupID: 753536

Follow Up By: Member - Tony Z (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 19, 2012 at 09:55

Sunday, Feb 19, 2012 at 09:55
Thanks Wayne David
Got some good info off their site will add to favorites and keep looking there. I also have under body protection (front) and rock sliders with rear bash plate on order just need the suspension fixed
Thanks
FollowupID: 753577

Reply By: Member - Jeff C (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 19, 2012 at 00:52

Sunday, Feb 19, 2012 at 00:52
Gday Tony
We've got an NP Exceed DiD with dual battery, fridge, draws, 3rd row seat removed.
We installed Tough Dog shocks and 2" lift springs standard duty front and rear. They are slightly heavier than the original ones. Plus poly airbags.

The ride is a lot better than original and when we load it up to go camping plus 4 bikes hanging off the back and the roof basket full, the bags maintain the ride height (just).

I'm very happy with the setup, but if I was going to tow a decent size trailer I'd look at HD springs on the rear maybe.

I have been in a NP with no drwas or fridge with HD King springs and the ride is very harsh.

I'm sure whatever you end up with will be an improvement.

Cheers

Jeff
AnswerID: 478100

Follow Up By: Member - The old fellow - Sunday, Feb 19, 2012 at 07:56

Sunday, Feb 19, 2012 at 07:56
Hi Tony Do as I did and go to your ARB man give him all your weights etc and he installed a complete set of OME springs and matching shocks. 50mm lift and I could not be happier with the result, best of all when I had a slight problem months later when thousands of ks from home, took it to ARB dealer in Darwin who within hours fixed the problem with a new shocker and all for no charge. Great service. That after sales service meant a lot to me and it was well worth paying the bit extra.
FollowupID: 753568

Follow Up By: Member - Tony Z (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 19, 2012 at 09:44

Sunday, Feb 19, 2012 at 09:44
Thanks Jeff I have decided to go HD 2" lift all-round as I am adding some rear protection plates to the rear of vehicle, also read on Paj. site that some people have had some trouble with air bags pinching/rubbing (not under inflated)
Again thanks
FollowupID: 753573

Follow Up By: Member - Tony Z (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 19, 2012 at 09:47

Sunday, Feb 19, 2012 at 09:47
The old fellow thanks
But I already have the shockies only require Springs. dont think they will cover shocks when just fitting Springs
FollowupID: 753574

Sponsored Links