Review: 4WD Days in the Goldfields of WA

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 4/5

This book is set out in chapters where each one describes the geography and history of a trip, gives information on things to see along the way and detailed driving directions for each trip.
So far I have read this book but we haven't taken any of the tracks yet. Planning to do that at Easter, so can update then.
At first I was disapointed by the small size of the book as I was expecting something bigger, but I suppose it takes up less room this way.
The content and historical information is very interesting and worth reading even if you never go on the tracks.
I think it would be much better to have one full page map with all the routes drawn on it, or at least a map at the start of each chapter with the route drawn on it. The tiny little map in each chapter is very hard to see and the route it describes is not drawn on it.
I was not happy to find full page advertisments throughout the book. I expect that in a camping magazine but not a book I am purchasing.
For these two reasons I only gave it 4 stars but overall I think it is full of information, seems very detailed and good value for money.
It would be a good purchase for people wanting more information about the area and ideas for trips to take and places to visit.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links