Mazda bt-50

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 23, 2012 at 23:32
ThreadID: 92064 Views:2031 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys
NOW, we are JUST LOOKING ?!
Any feed back on 2008 Auto Mazda dual cab?? 44000 klms, also seen a couple 2007 Holden at much cheaper but with a further 100000 on the clock.
Have a great weekend
Brian R
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: wombat100 - Friday, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:02

Friday, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:02
What colour ??
AnswerID: 478542

Reply By: Ross M - Friday, Feb 24, 2012 at 16:11

Friday, Feb 24, 2012 at 16:11
Both good vehicles. BT50 better than Colouradoo.
The Holdens will be cheaper if they have 10,000km more or is it really 100,000km. If 144,000 way cheaper.

The servicing issue is one of importance. While both good vehicles the very high, distinct, definite possibility it has never been serviced properly is something to look out for by checking filler and drain plugs and comparing what has occurred with these items with what might have occurred, to what the service book says should be done.
Try to take no notice of dealer stamped service books because they only mean the book has been stamped religiously and it has absolutely nothing to do with what service has actually been performed on the vehicle.

If you find a vehicle which as been serviced correctly and fully, tell the forum you found one and we will chalk a number 1 on our chalk board register.

Whatever you buy, be prepared to have it fully serviced to prevent you using something for a further use period not knowing the items like fuel, oil, and all transmission and gbox oils are already at the extreme end of their service interval life.

Most vehicle serviced by dealers are not fully serviced.
If they never changed the fuel filter for instance, you could suddenly be up for $8000 to have the injection system repaired just because of a filter.

A mate of mine has a BT50 2007 auto and it performs very well for him.

If you are going to tow with it then have a trans cooler fitted after the box but before the radiator to help with over temps in hot conditions or travelling in hilly/ mountianous country where load is higher and speeds and cooling efficiency is lower.

AnswerID: 478568

Follow Up By: Member - Brian R (WA) - Friday, Feb 24, 2012 at 17:24

Friday, Feb 24, 2012 at 17:24
Thanks Ross
Will keep all that in mind. I am with you, about the STAMP and the actual work done. We off on a trip next month (29th) and I am thinking will need to go to a good machanic who I can rely on to actualy do the job ??????
Brian
Brian
FollowupID: 754094

Sponsored Links