Hema Navigator HN5i

Hi,
I have just seen the HN5i navigator advertised on MR4X4. Are there members who have one, and would recommend it for the novice. I intend traveling from Adelaide thru outback QLD, and was very interested to see that free camping sites are included. I have seen them available thru' the SA motoring organisation (RAA) for $695 for members.
Is this or similar navigator worth having, and what do I have to pay? I guess you are up for continual (costly) updates no matter what you buy ?
Thanks, Barry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nomad Navara - Sunday, Feb 26, 2012 at 15:35

Sunday, Feb 26, 2012 at 15:35
We updated to the Hema5 from their previous model and found it so much easier to operate and so much further advanced. It is an excellent choice for both city and outback navigation. The Hena5 definately gets our vote.
AnswerID: 478719

Follow Up By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Sunday, Feb 26, 2012 at 16:35

Sunday, Feb 26, 2012 at 16:35
I run with a Hema5 and find it great for what we do. Has all but the most minor tracks on it. Still use paper maps for planning but the Hema5 for navigating the chosen route. Even has an urban option for use in major towns if needed but that's not real flash but will get you there.

Not really essential to frequently upgrade the maps as the country roads and tracks do not change much.

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 754247

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Feb 26, 2012 at 19:56

Sunday, Feb 26, 2012 at 19:56
Hi Barry

They are a great unit and in Ozi format, they are just as good as running a small laptop. We have had ours out into the depths of the true Ausi Outback and it could not be faulted.

If you do get one, you will be very happy with your purchase.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 478754

Reply By: ljsroslyn - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 07:55

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 07:55
Another happy user here, both within city limits, outback and finding camp sites from Camps 6. The main thing to remember as with any navigator the shortest route is not always the fastest and as I found out recently whilst trying to find a camp site for a group camp, It will direct you the shortest way but it certianly did not let me down and got me there every time .

AnswerID: 478798

Sponsored Links