Camping easter

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 26, 2012 at 19:43
ThreadID: 92130 Views:1504 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
HI there, anyone know of any good camping spots, for Easter around Perth,
up to 6hours away that won't be crowded.Please I'm open to all suggestions.
Thanku
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Serendipity(WA) - Sunday, Feb 26, 2012 at 22:47

Sunday, Feb 26, 2012 at 22:47
I think people are not giving up their favourite camping spots. 6 hours travel is a long way and will get you anywhere from Albany, to Kalgoorlie to Geraldton and all places inbetween. Also depends on how you travel, who you travel with and what you travel with. You know - which car, kids? and remote or caravan parks.

I would say inland would still be a bit dry and could be hot as still a bit of summer hanging around which equals ==== flies ====.

Most would salt themselves away in descreet coastal hideaways and enjoy a bit of sand surf and sea breaze while camping.

They only constructive suggestion I can offer is the camping WA books that are in the shop on ExplorOz - they are full of great ideas.

Cheers

Serendipity

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 478785

Follow Up By: turbo 79series - Sunday, Feb 26, 2012 at 23:42

Sunday, Feb 26, 2012 at 23:42
Hi mate yeah I live in Perth.Have my favorite spots as well just thought I'd through that question out there.Traveling in my new decked out 76 series wagon just the wife and I.We are trying to get a spot at Murchison station but having trouble contacting station owners.So I just thought I'd ask have all the relevent information on camping just thought id see what people come up with .Thanks mate
FollowupID: 754301

Reply By: Wayne's 60 - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 03:06

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 03:06
turbo 79series,

Stay at home .......... lol ...... TIC

Hard to give an answer to your "where to go question" when you give no indication of your interests, likes or dislikes.

At Easter, anything close to Perth or on the coast will be busy, I'm sorry to say.

Hope you find a good location for your weekend, and the weather is good for all of us.

Cheers,
Wayne & Sally.
AnswerID: 478794

Reply By: kwk56pt - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 17:30

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 17:30
Camping pressure is intense on long weekends and at its peak over Easter. Rising population means increased competition for land. water, fish and sadly camping spots. Even coastal caravan parks are being lost so more people and fewer camp spots is the reality. I was surprised to find that even getting off work a day earlier prior to the long break I found 80% of my favourite camps already occupied. The camping crush is most evident in the Ningaloo Marine Park with campers queuing at the ranger station at 3am waiting to get a vacated site

You are not alone in your search for such camping. Staying home at Easter may still turn out to be your most attractive option and plan a break around a extended weekend. So many of these camp sites do provide a refugee like experience although many find it still worth while Its considerably quieter outside peak periods So I would be exploring flexible work options or looking for camping inland at Easter or cultivate a thought of crowds as atmosphere like you are at the football or concert or party.

AnswerID: 478849

Reply By: turbo 79series - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 21:27

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 21:27
Has anyone camped at Murchison station at kalbarri.
AnswerID: 478869

Sponsored Links