Changing Boot Screen Picture on GPS - Brazillian to English Translation Needed.

Submitted: Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 00:03
ThreadID: 92136 Views:4717 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
I am trying to change the boot screen picture, on a 7" generic chinese gps.
After a lot of searching on the web, I think I have found some instructions for my unit, but I belive they may be in Brazilian, I have tried a couple of on line translators, but the translations don't any make sence at all.
Just wondering if there is anyone out there that could translate for me.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Neil

La solucion es crear un archivo de 800*480 en 24 bits y grabarlos bajo el nombre "logo.bmp"

Luego ese archivo debemos grabarlo en la tarjeta micro SD. Luego crear una copia de ese mismo archivo de imagen pero debemos darle el nombre y la extensión "918c.img".

Esos dos archivos los grabamos en la tarjeta micro SD y reiniciamos el equipo. Les va a aparecer una pantalla azul de carga de la imagen. Luego de ello debemos borrar ambos archivos ya que los mismos han quedado grabados en la memoria del equipo.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: SCUBADOO - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 05:31

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 05:31
Just search for "Google translate".

Output:
"The solution is to create a file of 800 * 480 in 24 bits and record under the name "logo.bmp"

Then we burn that file on the micro SD card. Then create a copy of that image file but we must give the name and extension "918c.img".

These two files are recorded in the micro SD card and reboot the computer. We will see a blue screen image loading. After that we delete both files since they are etched in the memory."
AnswerID: 478796

Follow Up By: Member - res.q.guy (Vic.) - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 06:57

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 06:57
Hi Scubadoo
Thanks for the translation.
With the on line translators I tried, the output that came back, didn't make sence.
Cheers
Neil
FollowupID: 754306

Reply By: Member - Paul K - VIC - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 20:08

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 20:08
have you tried the GPSunlock.net website lots of info on lot of different GPS units
regards Paul
AnswerID: 478862

Follow Up By: Member - res.q.guy (Vic.) - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 21:41

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 21:41
Hi Paul
Thanks for the link.
Yes, I spend many hours on quite a few gps sites, gpsunlock, fix my gps, gps underground, Navitotal, Austech and whirlpool, but found what I wanted tucked away in a forum type section on Deal Extreme, where I purchased the unit from, but was in Brazillian !.
Thanks
Cheers
Neil
FollowupID: 754401

Sponsored Links