Accommodation at Lakes Entrance.

Submitted: Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 13:10
ThreadID: 92148 Views:1968 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G-day Guys and Gals,

My wife and I along with one daughter and three grandsons are going to Batemans Bay for the school holidays.

As two of the grandsons (age 7 & 9) are not "experienced travellers" I need accommodation approximately halfway for 6 people on the night of Thursday 29 March.
I thought Lakes Entrance should have good availability (being prior to the start of the holidays) and would be an interesting place for the boys.

I have done a search on here but most info relates to camping/caravan sites, whereas we need a cabin (or similar) clean enough to satisfy the "better half",and ideally away from excess noise.

Does anyone have a suggestion.
Further east would be OK but we normally leave home late due to the need to pack the "kitchen sink", so I don't want to go too far on the first day, particularly with two of the boys being "un-known quantities".

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Peter
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ozjohn0 - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 15:26

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 15:26
Peter,
There is heaps of accommodation in Lakes Enterance form parks, B&B's, motels etc. Simply Google Lakes Enterance accommodation.
I can however recommend you travel a few extra Km's to Bairnsdale.
Nice park with clean cabins by the river and only 150m to the main shopping centre.
www.ozparks.com.au/pages/caravan-parks/victoria/bairnsdale.php
OJ
AnswerID: 478836

Reply By: landseka - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 15:34

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 15:34
I can vouch withouit hesitation for http://www.whiters.com.au/

I have stayed there several times.

Cheers Neil
AnswerID: 478837

Reply By: Villatranquilla - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 17:43

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 17:43
most of the caravan parks have cabins but there are also lots of flats and units - book soon if its during school hols as its always popular especially if it runs into Easter - may be too late already - (We are currently Lakes Entrance residents)
AnswerID: 478850

Reply By: Horacehighroller - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 21:44

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 21:44
Thanks for your replies OJ, Neil and Villatranquilla.

The date is the last thursday night before the school holidays commence in vic so we should be OK in that regard.

I'm aware that most van parks have cabins but most don't appear to be able to accomodate six people.
SWAMBO is a little fussy so I figured I'd seek opinions from here.
( IMHO this site is always a source of good info from someone regardless of topic.)

I have sent enquiries to both locations suggested by OJ & Neil along with a number of others I have found myself, but will tend to favour the above two if they can accomodate us all.

Thanks again,

Peter
AnswerID: 478871

Sponsored Links