What did you do last weekend.

We went for a little drive up Kosiosko way.

Phil

and

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 18:20

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 18:20
Nice video Phil. Hope you had a great time.
Shame about the music drowning out the "voice over" in the first part of the first video.
regards
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 478854

Follow Up By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 18:21

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 18:21
Sorry Phil,
forgot to ask. Could you describe the route you took please.
regards
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 754378

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 18:38

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 18:38
It's in the voice over. I have to do it all again tonight. Just a novice mate and experimenting.

Drop back and check it out tomorrow.

Roughlly this is the text for the voice over:
==========================================
A video taken on a drive into the Snowy Mountains and the Victorian High Country by a group from the Southern Tablelands 4WD Club (ST4WDC) from Canberra on the weekend of 25-26/Feb/2012. Along for the ride were Rod (leader); Sammi and Mitch in a Patrol; Dave and Lachlan in a Prado; Glen and Christine in the 200; John and Matthew in the Colorado and Sue and myself, Phil, in the 100 series.

We met at Williamsdale just south of Canberra and proceeded to Jindabyne for a quick fuel and supply stop. Then off to Tom Groggin to air down and cross the Murray River. The Murray is one the largest rivers in Australia. We crossed the Murray and headed along Davies Plain Track, visiting both Davies Plain and Charlies Creek Huts then onto McCarthy's Track and Limestone Creek Track.Camp was at Wild Dog Flat with a late start on the Sunday after a good Happy Hour. We then headed along Limestone Rd, and Cobberas Trail, past the Playgrounds to join MacFarlanes Flat Track and the Ingeegoodbee Tracks for an "interesting" final drive to head home via Barry Way with magnificent views of the Snowy river from Wallace Craigie Lookout and then Jindabyne, Cooma and home to Canberra.
==========================================

If you wish I have the Ozi track. Partly broken as I switched the tracking off somehow. Drop me an email to: vk1dx@bigpond.net.au if you want a copy of the track log.

Phil
FollowupID: 754379

Follow Up By: Member - Warrie (NSW) - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 22:00

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 22:00
Hi Phil, would your interesting bit be on the double black diamond rated MacFarlane Flat Tk? There are some rock steps a km or so east of the Ingegoodbee River crossing which are a worthy challenge. And I gather you made it down the steep section on the Cobberas Tk. Try going up - more interesting....W
Warrie

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 754402

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 22:54

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 22:54
This was a trip in the reverse direction than we normally do it. You can see the Colorado and photographers (Ha) on that steep section on the Ingeegoodbee Track. Battery problems for the other one on the MacFarlanes Track climb. Murphy came with us mate. I just ordered a new standby 3500 battery. Bigger and hopefully will hold a charge longer.

Just a novice here but having fun. The music was chosen to suit the area and actual videos. Even the words sometimes match the actual scene. A fluke on my part.

Being the last car up MacFarlanes and with light rain, I had to have a second go. Always happens to the last one. But we got there slippery and all without lockers in the 100 IFS. Damned pleased with the car.

Thanks for the hints.

PS I just updated them so if the links do not work search for vk1dx on youtube.com.

Phil
FollowupID: 754408

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2012 at 08:19

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2012 at 08:19
Written english!!!!

The battery I mentioned above was the one in the camera. It went flat earlier that expected and we missed filming the west to east climb that you mentioned. The 100 did well on the muddied up bit that we got as tail end charlie.

Phil
FollowupID: 754415

Reply By: vk1dx - Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 23:00

Monday, Feb 27, 2012 at 23:00
Here is the update of the video I had to fix:

Phil

AnswerID: 478876

Reply By: Member - Des Lexic - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2012 at 14:37

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2012 at 14:37
Nice Video Phil, makes me want to go back there.
Do you have your camera mounted in the vehicle as the video looks too steady to be a hand held camera. If your using a support system, what do you use?
As I said Nice video

Des
AnswerID: 478905

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2012 at 15:24

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2012 at 15:24
Hi Des

Thanks for the good report. Go back mate. The place is awesome. Living in Canberra we get back there a bit.

The mount is a Manfroto mount: http://www.qualitycamera.com.au/manfrotto-241v-camera-suction-mount-p-3206.html

It is mounted on the passengers widow and I extent the video out to the in dash VMS GPS unit so that I can see it as well. The passenger usually runs it. The JVC camcorder is digitally stabilised and that's another reason why it does not shake. But it really looks like we are float along.

The video converter is by Prism and the editing is done in Power Director Plus.

There are more at: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

Cheers and thanks

Phil
FollowupID: 754435

Sponsored Links