Netbook

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 29, 2012 at 19:49
ThreadID: 92191 Views:1395 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys
Got ourselves a Acer Netbook ready for the trip to SA. Would like to know if others are using this type of computer on their travels? Can anybody give me any direction on how to use it to send emails with photos. We are opening our normal email s through Explorer and can send message OK, attaching from a file makes the photo too big and slow to send. It has Windows 7
Thanks
Brian R
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mfewster(SA) - Wednesday, Feb 29, 2012 at 20:22

Wednesday, Feb 29, 2012 at 20:22
They work just fine. You need a little program like Firestone. Free and it will work with either jpegs or RAW files. You use this to make a copy of your pictures smaller and with less megapixels. (Make a copy, don't get rid of the original picture). Save it to somewhere like your desktop where you can find it. Then use the Attach command from your emailer to add it to your email.
AnswerID: 478997

Reply By: Member - nick b - Wednesday, Feb 29, 2012 at 22:17

Wednesday, Feb 29, 2012 at 22:17
gooday Brian : my netbook has window 7 i use the Microsoft office picture manager ...

right click on your photo / picture to open , pic manager .... tool bar... click on picture tab .....from here I can resize picture plus other stuff .....make sure you make a copy & name , i do this... toolbar ...file ...save as... do this so you can find the resize photo to attach to email , exploroz forum etc .

when resizing R/h side box ..look for ..predefined width & hight drop down box makes it real easy to get the right size to send ....

I'm not to smart with PC ..... but this work well for me after a few times.. easy

hope this work for you... good luck ..

cheers nick
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 479021

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 19:38

Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 19:38
Nick's method works well.

You can also do this:

choose the picture
right click
select "send to"
then "email recipient"
then a choice of reduced sizes is available.

select one and it automatically opens up an email message with the reduced picture attached.

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 754595

Reply By: Time - Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 17:55

Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 17:55
Assuming Windows 7.

Open the picture folder, single click on the picture you want to send, click on email in the menu bar above the pictures, select the picture size from the drop down box, click attach and your new write email message should pop up. Complete email and send.

Simple
AnswerID: 479099

Follow Up By: Member - Brian R (WA) - Friday, Mar 02, 2012 at 00:33

Friday, Mar 02, 2012 at 00:33
Sorry guys ...new email message is not popping up. I have no problems opening windows live to send an email and I have set it to use my normal mail provider

thaks again
Brian R
FollowupID: 754624

Sponsored Links