BEST WAY TO ADVERTISE/SELL A CAR?

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 17:50
ThreadID: 92213 Views:1743 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
There been from time to time, many threads on selling vans and motor vehicles on-line, some with negative results. For the first time I am about to place for sale the family Mazda 323 sedan as we come back to one vehicle. I am wondering what readers have found to be the most successful process for selling – we are in country NSW?
Thanks for your comments.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Crackles - Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 18:19

Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 18:19
We had an excellent result with Carsales.com. Ability to put up plenty of photo's with a very detailed description, can change the add, price or include more photo's, plus it's just $60 bucks until sold. Notice there is also the option to include a video now.
Cheers Craig..............
AnswerID: 479102

Reply By: Member - Rob S (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 18:41

Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 18:41
Hi Gordon.

Here in Sydney i have had good results with car sales.com.
one off price till sold.
just dont let the cars go untill you have the money.
And read the section on selling cars and what to scams to watch for

sold 2 cars and 1 4wd in the the last 18 months.
Also had good results with my local paper over the years with cars.

With you being in the country i would try your local papers.
and a mazda 323 i can't see people wanting to travel from say Sydney etc to buy it ,as the choice here is far greater here.

Rob

I only ever made one mistake
and that's when I thought I was wrong!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 479105

Follow Up By: Kimba10 - Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 20:12

Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 20:12
Ill go with carsales as well, carpoint use to be another one but are now linked with carsales anway, Trading post gives me the poops now as nearly all the adds in it now are for caryards. I have bought and sold over 50 vehicles (true) and use to use trading post in the early days but everything else since has been carsales. Word of warning, Not knocking your vehicle in any way they really are not the type of vehicle to be hijacked BUT some older people (not saying your old have no idea of your age you may be elderly ??) but there are low life scum who like to think they deserve the vehicle with out paying for it. Never ever let them go buy them selves for a test drive, if you drive first or they do never get out of the car before they do and turn the car off before you do get out and take keys with you till you swap around (its happened before) be aware of speed /redlight/safety cameras as well. I always ask for their licence (same as a caryard does) if they dont produce one then they dont drive simple, if their got nothing to hide then there shouldnt be an issue. I even write their licence number down. again if they dont like it, theres the door see ya later.... Same if they pay cash, always go for a drive and make sure your not been followed this way if anyone is following you, you will know if been followed take the money to the bank and deposit it. Wouldnt be the first time people have handed over large sum of cash and some one pay you a visit later on in the night.... If they are paying with a bank cheque I always organise for them to pick the vehicle up during business hours that way when they hand me the cheque over I ring the bank and verify the cheque number amount etc. Once sold I always fill in the slip that goes to the RTA (notice of disposal) here in NSW is part of the rego papers you then hand it in to the RTA, I also write down the time they drove out my driveway then photocopy it or scan it to the computer and then if there are any issues with cameras or the like you have a copy of it, dont forget to cancel your insurance on the vehicle as well. Might all sound a bit daunting but its not. its just these days you need to cover your back side and not take any chances, doesnt matter how nice you might think the person is, aand dont except personal cheques in any way............
FollowupID: 754602

Reply By: Member Andys Adventures - Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 18:45

Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 18:45
Hi Gordon, I found Ebay the best for country sellers. And you can put a reserve price on it and it goes to auction in 10 days.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 479106

Reply By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 20:06

Thursday, Mar 01, 2012 at 20:06
Hi. We just bought a really clean 2002 Pulsar Q 1.8l with 95000km on it. A first car for our granddaughter. It was advertised on a local Facebook directory. That would be a free ad. Maybe a place to try. Cheers,Bob

AnswerID: 479112

Reply By: ross - Friday, Mar 02, 2012 at 00:59

Friday, Mar 02, 2012 at 00:59
I like using Gumtree Classifieds for buying and selling,much cheaper the Carpoint.
AnswerID: 479146

Sponsored Links