Review, Free Camping, Self Contained Vehicles, Norman River Reserve, Normanton

Submitted: Friday, Mar 02, 2012 at 15:25
ThreadID: 92242 Views:3882 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Some info for ya's all......... (a copy and paste) ...... btw i still DONT like the blue, i just cant get used to it hahaha
Read and enjoy,
Cheers
joe
################################################

Hello everyone – at the ordinary meeting of council in February, Council resolved to carry out a review of the trial of free camping for self contained vehicles allowed on the reserve on the North Eastern side of the Norman River, Normanton. The resolution is below:

That Council undertake a review of free camping and that a report be prepared for Council on the costs and benefits of providing free camping, together with recommendations for changes and improvements to the policy.

The review only relates to this area. It is not proposed that any other area in Normanton or Karumba is taken into consideration for allowing free camping. During March and April I will be contacting businesses in Normanton to discuss this issue.

If you would like any further information in relation to this matter please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards
Louise Knol
Director Community & Cultural Services

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - Friday, Mar 02, 2012 at 15:35

Friday, Mar 02, 2012 at 15:35
sounds like you need to check your monitor settings - adjust the brightness and contrast.
ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

AnswerID: 479214

Follow Up By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Friday, Mar 02, 2012 at 15:37

Friday, Mar 02, 2012 at 15:37
or get my eyes checked eh :-)
FollowupID: 754669

Reply By: Motherhen - Friday, Mar 02, 2012 at 16:51

Friday, Mar 02, 2012 at 16:51
Would a few short submissions to the Council from people who would choose to free camp in that area and how much they would spend in town help Joe?

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 479219

Follow Up By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 14:07

Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 14:07
Hey i cant see why not eh, it is "camping" so it is relivent to "tourists" and not locals and it can only help, most probally a lot i would guess ...........
The KEY factor is as you say "how much you spend" as places like that would not exist if not for tourism so if you can put to them that it WILL attract more people and they WILL spend locally and will RESPECT the camp site by keeping them clean ect then yes i would say it would make it well worth while writing some short but pointed "submissions" to the council .........
Some members a very passionate about free camping so maybe this is your chance..

Remember your "submission" will have to be as convincing as the local parks that charge keeping in mind they will most likley be against it and council will concider THEY pay rates and fees to the council and tourists dont so will lean towards there case .... money spent on a free camp area could well be spent on the road out the front of the caravan park ...

Cheers
Joe
FollowupID: 754726

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 16:18

Saturday, Mar 03, 2012 at 16:18
Thanks Joe - Over to anyone who has a strong opinion which they can back up with facts to have a go. Although i have put in a number of submissions, big and small, on free camping, i do not have any facts and figures for your area which i have not as yet visited.

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 754732

Follow Up By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Sunday, Mar 04, 2012 at 12:23

Sunday, Mar 04, 2012 at 12:23
given that it is new to the area people that they probally are trying to attract i would think that knowlage of the area probally is not relevent but simply the fact "you" as a tourist will contribute to there econimey is what they need to know, well that is my take on it anyway.....

You write really well so go for it i say :-)

Cheers
Joe
FollowupID: 754871

Sponsored Links