River Vu campsite - Victoria

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 10:17
ThreadID: 92358 Views:1595 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi again

We are now planning our second camping trip (possibly first if the weather doesnt improve) to meet up with friends. We live south of Adelaide and must take our dog with us. We have looked at a campsite that seems to fit our wishes (albeit they may not have availability) but was wondering if anyone had used this place before. If so what is it like, will it be ok for a camping family virgin?

Also, it says it has powered pitches, is this for caravans only, or for tents, if so what, as the customer would i need to take to hook up to the electricity?

Thanks in advance

Camping newbies
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Dodger - Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 17:11

Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 17:11
The site name or the lats and longs would be good.

We do not know where you are talking about.

In nth west vic at the moment a lot of people have water views.
Hope they all are safe and dry.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 479771

Follow Up By: gazl - Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 20:29

Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 20:29
I don't know their lat and long, but it's in the thread title, river vu on the SA and Vic boarder by some river mouth just on the coast near Nelson
FollowupID: 755223

Reply By: Members Pa & Ma. - Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 18:59

Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 18:59
Hi Gazl,
The other day you were asking about the Murray?
What has changed.?
We live in S.W. Vic.Nelson is about 3 hours from us, from Adelaide it would be 5 .We cut off 5 to stay alive. Nelson is a very good fishing spot for Brim.
Our friend goes there often.
I haven't been to the River vu Park. but I'll have a look on Google.

You'll need a long power cord with amps to suit .You can buy caravan quality cords at camping stores.
Then you have to buy a powered campsite.
Take care safe travels. Bye Ma.
AnswerID: 479782

Follow Up By: gazl - Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 20:31

Wednesday, Mar 07, 2012 at 20:31
At the moment we are still looking at the Murray, this is another trip so we can meet up with friends one weekend next month when they are over from the uk staying in Melbourne.
FollowupID: 755225

Reply By: slave - Thursday, Mar 08, 2012 at 13:41

Thursday, Mar 08, 2012 at 13:41
http://www.rivervupark.com.au/home.htm

We stayed there over Easter about 10 years ago.

Found it to be very quiet small park. I think that we actually stayed an extra night.

I don't think that we used power so cant help there, although a quick phone call would answer this.

There is a great playground next door with BBQs also, and a matter of steps out the back gate to the river.

We met people there from Adelaide who used it as a meet up point with friends from Melbourne.

Mrs S
AnswerID: 479885

Reply By: gazl - Thursday, Mar 08, 2012 at 13:49

Thursday, Mar 08, 2012 at 13:49
Once again thank you all for your replies, as we are starting to find out and with this case everywhere is booked up for that weekend. So I will be spending all night on the Internet trying to find anywhere with availability. So thanks again.
AnswerID: 479886

Sponsored Links