Aisin manual hub rebuild

Submitted: Friday, Mar 09, 2012 at 09:36
ThreadID: 92400 Views:3521 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
HI there.
I'm doing some maintenance (Ford Courier PE 2000) on my front free wheeling hubs (Aisin) and in disassembly have noticed there are no gaskets between the the hubs and the bearings and also no gasket between the outer plate of the hub and the hub body. There is no sign of water ingress, the grease looks ok but I'm surprised to see no gaskets. Do I make some paper gaskets or use a gasket goo in reassembly.
I have searched for an exploded diagram, looked at the Aisin site and no luck.
Any replies appreciated.
Michael
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mudripper - Friday, Mar 09, 2012 at 13:11

Friday, Mar 09, 2012 at 13:11
Hi Michael,

Funny you should mention Aisin hubs, I was adjusting the wheel bearings in my Rodeo just yesterday. Yes they normally do have very thin gaskets, one between the free wheeling hub body and the wheel hub (bearings) and another between the free wheeling hub body and the cap. I have actually never used gaskets. I use Gasket Maker or blue silicone or whatever they call it. Just put a nice bead of it on the two surfaces that need it and reassemble. You have to let the gasket maker "skin" for about 15 min before reassembling parts.

I've been doing it this way for years without any water ingress or grease leakage.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Tim.
AnswerID: 479962

Sponsored Links