Cosy Corner WA (Free Camping)

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 14, 2012 at 15:42
ThreadID: 92504 Views:2154 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Spent the weekend out there and place has become rather busy. The general camping area down in amongst the peppermint trees is always popular with both travellers and those just chilling out from Albany. We were ther on a normal weekend and had to camp up to the left in the sandy bush, along with many others. The tracks are hard but with a top layer of black sandy bulldust. Just trying to let fellow travellers know, to not turn up there expecting to get in easily. All the same we had a brilliant weekend there with two of our grandkids. Will try and add photo of our caravan site soon as.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: baz&pud (Tassie) - Wednesday, Mar 14, 2012 at 16:36

Wednesday, Mar 14, 2012 at 16:36
Spent a couple of nights at Cosey Corner back in August 2008, weather as good and it is a lovely spot.
There was only three other campers at that time.
Cheers
Baz
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 480368

Reply By: Member - Brian R (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 14, 2012 at 20:48

Wednesday, Mar 14, 2012 at 20:48
Hi Kevmac
Spent 2 nights out there, the middle of last week, still busy, thought it might have been quiet after the Long Weekend. We are taking our first Grey Nomad trip in 2 weeks to SA hoping to do mostly Free camps.....hope Cosy Corner was not a good excample of what to expect. Still a great couple of days.....and all of 20 minutes from home.
Brian R
AnswerID: 480383

Reply By: Ray - Thursday, Mar 15, 2012 at 09:34

Thursday, Mar 15, 2012 at 09:34
I expect that most of the "Free" campsites would be full while C'parks charge what they do.
AnswerID: 480408

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Thursday, Mar 15, 2012 at 13:20

Thursday, Mar 15, 2012 at 13:20
Freecamping is a different lifestyle Ray; they are meeting different markets and needs, giving us choices; all good. I do not deny anyone the right to make a living from their business, and running a CP would not be easy. However living without any neighbours within a kilometre, i choose bush camping rather than sardine can environments or being in towns for this reason. Even a crowded campground such as this small one would not be a first choice for me.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 755879

Sponsored Links