driver for 8 inch touch screen

Submitted: Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 15:20
ThreadID: 92560 Views:1446 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
A few weeks back I had a problem where my laptop decided to die on me and I was running oziexplorer on it in conjunction with windows xp.
Thanks to all for input I now have a laptop runnining windows 7 and have upgraded oziexplorer to windows 7(64bit), which appears to be running ok. I now have 2 problems.
My touch screen TFT 8 inch wide screen LCD Colour Monitor won't run - Can I get a driver for this? It is a VGA connection which does come on but the touch operation won't work and when I close the laptop lid the touchscreen won't stay on, so the screen isn't "splitting" as it should. The installation disc that I got with it only supports up to win XP. I have had this screen 5 years.
The other problem is my Haicom GPS (mouse) won't run?
As always I appreciate your comments.
Regards, The Nugget.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 15:56

Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 15:56
Have you been onto the companies web site and searched for a new set of drivers? Most manufacturers bring out updated drivers for their various devices. You may also be able to do the same with the GPS mouse.
AnswerID: 480539

Follow Up By: the nugget - Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 17:29

Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 17:29
Thanks for your reply Notso. I did go on line to check. The screen I have has no make or model on it it is just "TFT 8" wide screen LCD Colour Monitor" which I typed into google, and I tried by putting in driver for etc. Got a host of stuff to go through but nothing that I could see. It took me hours, so I turned to exploroz, as someone may have had similiar problems.
I have just found my installation disc for the mouse gps and I will try that shortly.
Thanks again, Nugget
FollowupID: 755991

Follow Up By: Notso - Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 17:44

Friday, Mar 16, 2012 at 17:44
When you have a look in device manager does it list the Monitor name there or does it simply say generic Plug and Play monitor?

If you right click on the monitor listed then choose, "Update Driver Software". Might work?
FollowupID: 755993

Reply By: Member - Niss42 - Saturday, Mar 17, 2012 at 11:10

Saturday, Mar 17, 2012 at 11:10
G'day nugget,
You should have a disk that came with the screen that has the "Touch" drivers, you will need to run this on the Win7 laptop.

Hope this helps.
Barry.
AnswerID: 480619

Follow Up By: Member - Paul B (WA) - Saturday, Mar 17, 2012 at 11:19

Saturday, Mar 17, 2012 at 11:19
I went thu this with my touchscreen which took me a couple of years to get to work and it had nothing to do with drivers or the touchscreen, but with computer settings. When I was finally able to supply enough beer to an IT nerd mate to make him stay in one place long enough to actually work the matter thru he fixed it in about 2 minutes and wrote me a set of instructions on the back of an envelope which I still need!

So I'm very interested in your plight Nugget. Please do keep us posted.
FollowupID: 756046

Follow Up By: the nugget - Saturday, Mar 17, 2012 at 13:15

Saturday, Mar 17, 2012 at 13:15
Thanks Barry, also Notso,
I checked Device manager in relation to the touchscreen,and after searching the web it downloaded a driver supposedly for the touchscreen but is not talking to the computer.
I have a disk for the touchscreen which only goes up to winXP. When loaded the computer keeps telling me that a driver hasn't been loaded.
I am still persevering.
I will let you know how I got on with it.
Thanks again, Nugget
FollowupID: 756060

Follow Up By: Member - Niss42 - Saturday, Mar 17, 2012 at 14:13

Saturday, Mar 17, 2012 at 14:13
G'day again Nugget.
Could you type the driver detail into Google with "update for win7".
Worth a try.
Barry
FollowupID: 756064

Sponsored Links