Bushtracker caravans by Vanguard

Submitted: Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 14:20
ThreadID: 92632 Views:6431 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Spent yesterday looking at new vans at the Perth Caravan & Camping Show which was a great day. Appreciate any comments on Bushtracker caravans by Vanguard as I had not seen these before and we are seriously condidering one

Old Mal
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian, SA - Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 15:39

Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 15:39
Bushtracker ? More than interesting as an idea, over in Kunda Park I'm sure :-o)...... but couldn't spot a BT on the vanguard site ?
AnswerID: 480803

Reply By: Mick O - Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 15:54

Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 15:54
G'day there Mal,

As per Darian, I was unable to find a "BushTracker" by Vanguard. I'd reckon they might have some copyright issues at that. BushTracker vans are a stand alone van manufacturer as are Vanguard. Very different types of vans with the Bushtracker being a very robust Off Road type van (one of the best by all accounts). They come with a hefty price tag as well. Vanguard make a range of touring and family vans but nothing like the bushtracker.

Is it a new model and one that wouldn't be on their website?

Cheers Mick

''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 480804

Reply By: Member - DW Lennox Head(NSW) - Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 15:55

Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 15:55
Hi Old Mal

I do not own a Bush Tracker but have seen plenty about. They look fine inside and out and appear to stand up well to harsh conditions.

The only issue I can see is their weight and the requirement of a hefty 4wd to tow it.

Have a look at this Kimberley Kruiser It will be much lighter and be able to be legally towed by a mid range sized 4wd. Price will be better too. This will go to the same places

Cheers
DW
AnswerID: 480805

Follow Up By: Wayne david - Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 17:01

Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 17:01
I've been expecting something from Kimberley for a little while now & this is it.

I reckon the one thing that may put me off, apart from the price, is that unlike the Karavan........components will be made in China. Or so I've heard.

I'm a big fans of parts & manufacture here in Australia.

Cheers - Wayne D
FollowupID: 756244

Reply By: Searay - Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 18:30

Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 18:30
Hi there I have a Bushtracker caravan but i am not sure about the vanguard part. Most bushtrackers are custom orders. We love our van and yes its great offroad, but like all things you must be carefull with tyre pressure and vehicle speed. The weight of our van is not to bad I think but we dont have all the luxury items like some on road vans but we are able to freecamp for long periods due to having 5 water tanks and 4 solar panels.

We tow with a 200 series and its has power to burn. Bushtracker (we have found) are excellent to deal with and when doing a factory tour you soon see the quality.

good luck Troy
AnswerID: 480820

Reply By: Old Mal - Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 19:40

Monday, Mar 19, 2012 at 19:40
Oops, sorry all - The van we were looking at was made by Vanguard for "Downunder RV" (they are based in Bunbury WA) and the model was called a "Bunker Bay". It's available in both Offroad or Cruiser versions - http://www.downunderrv.com.au/

Ol Mal (Must be gettin older)
AnswerID: 480830

Reply By: Member - Doug S (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 21, 2012 at 13:22

Wednesday, Mar 21, 2012 at 13:22
Nothing wrong with a Bushtracker off road van and are a well known van builder, friends have one and been all over Oz without problems, towed by a 200 series. I have a Sunland off roader towed with a 200, they make a Patriot and the custom build Longreach. Can vouch for them as a company that build well, had one 3 years. I took mine thru the Odnadatta, Birdsville and Strezleckie tracks last July, no problems. Like the BT they are not in the "built to a price" category, but you get what you pay for.

Cheers, Doug S..
Doug S..

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 480992

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)