Review: Budget Camps & Stops Australia

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 5/5

I recently bought a copy of Budget Camps and Stops Australia as we are planning another "Lets follow this road and see where it goes" trip soon. As our camper is self contained, we prefer to free camp whenever possible, and this book is going to be invaluable to us - its sturdy, the layout is easy to follow, the contents are very comprehensive, and the price is extremely reasonable - less than the cost of two nights in a noisy, overcrowded caravan park. I would certainly recommend this book to anyone interested in seeing more of Australia at their own pace. Top marks to ExplorOz!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: s&p5762 - Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 08:59

Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 08:59
Does this book have different info from the Camps 6?
AnswerID: 481158

Follow Up By: Member - Patricia R (TAS) - Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 13:30

Friday, Mar 23, 2012 at 13:30
Some of the same, some different. This one follows particular roads, and lists what is available between A and B along that road, therefore there are some roads it doesn't cover, while the Camps Australia 6 has alphabetical listings, covering most towns in Australia - but not having some of the camps that Budget Camps lists. Each book has "a lot going for it" - to the point where, next time we hit the road, they are both going along for the ride. If I had to pick one over the other, I honestly don't think I could - they are both excellent in their area, although they approach from two slightly different directions. There are a couple of new magazines out now which might be helpful, too - "On the Road" magazine has published a "Free Camps" book, and the CMCA has also started a series of "Free Campsites" magazines - apparently only available with a magazine subscription from them. You might like to check those out - although the two books have a much wider range of campsites.
FollowupID: 756571

Sponsored Links