William Creek Pub

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 25, 2012 at 09:40
ThreadID: 92760 Views:2249 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have read some ordinary (bad) reports about this iconic pub and the publican. Not having meet the previous publican I can not make a comment, but the new bloke is very good. Willing to have a chat, listen to what you have say and very sociable.

The camp ground across the road has also had some improvements with more self contained donga's and with the intention to make the camp ground bigger with more showers and toilets.

I can recommend that if you are passing that way again, call in, it has changed and will keep getting better.

Wayne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Outback Gazz - Sunday, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:54

Sunday, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:54
G'day Wayne

I've been having a shandy or 3 at the William Creek Hotel for over 20 years and have met some good owners and the bad. Only a couple of weeks ago I had
"another shandy" with the new owners and I am positive the pub will improve back to it's good old self ! The previous owner obviously did not want to be there !

All the best

Gazz
AnswerID: 481325

Follow Up By: Ross M - Sunday, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:45

Sunday, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:45
Been through there a couple of times and the second time about 18months ago we found the menu was Hot tongue and Cold shoulder on both occasions.
Not one of them in the pub would even aknowledge you were standing in their pub let alone think of serving you. Unless you were a big group which might unload large amounts of cash, just get lost.

Good to see new owners are ok and things could only get better than they were.
When you are at the bottom the only way is up.
FollowupID: 756699

Follow Up By: Member - nick b - Sunday, Mar 25, 2012 at 17:24

Sunday, Mar 25, 2012 at 17:24
agree & well said Ross

cheers nick
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 756722

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Sunday, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:26

Sunday, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:26
I first called in there in 1977 to get some petrol for the Corolla as we were heading up to Alice Springs. Called in many times since, had a few meals there and never had a problem. Must have caught them on the good days.
AnswerID: 481337

Reply By: hamo - Sunday, Mar 25, 2012 at 17:59

Sunday, Mar 25, 2012 at 17:59
I lost it with that place when the old owner refused to fix a punture for my friend who i was traveling with.

Dispite his shed advertising the fact.
He probely would have opened his shed if we needed some new tyres.

Dearest fuel in the world aswell.

The pinkroad house got our bisness & the fuel was cheaper by about 10c a liter

The new owner has a long road to travel to get rid of this reputation.

Ill check it out on my next trip
AnswerID: 481369

Reply By: ferris - Tuesday, Mar 27, 2012 at 20:52

Tuesday, Mar 27, 2012 at 20:52
Hey, I'm really disappointed to hear these comments. I don't know any of the previous owners personally, but I've had nothing but good service on every visit.
One trip we broke a mount on a fuel tank. The owner did not have a mechanic who could assist, but opened his workshop up and even gave me some scrap steel so we could manufacture new brackets. He did get a little nervous though, when I was welding the fuel tank. He couldn't have been more helpful. Wish I could remember his name.
AnswerID: 481555

Sponsored Links