favourite stuff and mistakes

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 27, 2012 at 19:01
ThreadID: 92821 Views:2098 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys,
We have had our trailer for a couple of years now and have started to set it up just as we want it, just need to sort out the gas, and jerry cans. My question is what is your favourite bits? Ours is the Hillbilly cooking gear we have the camp oven and the fry pan stand thingy. Our major problems has been lighting outside, cant seem to find anything that suits.
Any thoughts?

Richard
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: racinrob - Tuesday, Mar 27, 2012 at 19:57

Tuesday, Mar 27, 2012 at 19:57
Best bit of camping gear I've got is a Weber Baby Q, I set it up on the A frame of my 'van hooked to a gas bottle under a LED light on the back of the truck, makes cooking dinner, cakes etc very easy.
I'm an old camp oven cook who thought I couldn't camp without a fire at night but authorities are just making it harder and harder, no fires, no bush camping, no entry witout a permit, just taking the fun out of everything, sigh.

rr
VKE237 Sel 6678

AnswerID: 481548

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 27, 2012 at 20:33

Tuesday, Mar 27, 2012 at 20:33
My LED strip lights have been a great add on for me...so nice and bright under there now.
AnswerID: 481552

Reply By: sweetwill - Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 08:49

Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 08:49
hello Richard.
I found a round led light, it holds two small batteries, for the life of me i can't think of its name its like a little flying saucer, it will give you all the light you will need while cooking, they are available at most camping shops, priced from $10 see you down the track. Bill.
AnswerID: 481580

Reply By: Member - Ann D (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 13:29

Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 13:29
Hi Richard L,

I use a LED solar shed light,there are 2 sizes and have found the large one great to use.From the big green shed at about 12-25$.

Cheers
Ann D
AnswerID: 481614

Reply By: Lifetime Member-Heather MG NSW - Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 15:18

Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 15:18
Hi Richard,

One of our favourite bits of gear is our 'Little Wombat' portable campfire/BBQ

http://littlewombat.com.au/

on which we use our camp oven, and also BBQ and cook food in a frypan. It is able to be used in places where other type fires aren't because it is enclosed in a fire box and off the ground. We find it versatile however it isn't light weight!

Also have a look at the led striplights in the EO shop...we have a rigid one around a metre in length which has both yellow and white lights and we plug it into the 12v outlet on the exterior of our van. Its got a long lead so can be hung some distance from the vehicle if necessary. Theres a flexible version as well which friends have and its also great.

Cheers Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 481626

Sponsored Links