dash??

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 00:46
ThreadID: 92830 Views:5946 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
HELLO-Fellow 4x4 drivers I have brought a new BT.50 Mazda and wanting to put in a CB & remote van in dash brake controller its a Redarc EBRH. I want to pull the Dash out Is there a key piece to come out first so the rest will follow ??? Many thanks for any info. MICK.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Doug T (NT) - Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 07:39

Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 07:39
Yeh, I can just see it now, like the bloke in the Supercheap ad looking for a rattle with half the dash out on the ground, as for the CB why not go for the GME with remote , CB is under the seat and just the Mike on the dash clip.

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 481575

Follow Up By: PJR (NSW) - Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 08:50

Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 08:50
Same vision here!!!!
FollowupID: 756926

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Saturday, Apr 14, 2012 at 12:46

Saturday, Apr 14, 2012 at 12:46
Doug

Be careful what you put under the seat mate. Listen to what the woman says at about 1.40 into this video.

Phil

FollowupID: 758284

Reply By: mick b5 - Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:37

Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:37
HI DOUG T--Not so easy as my son brought me a ICOM-400pro for my birthday last year & he would be very disappointed if I did not used it.also is the matter of fitting the brake controller.
AnswerID: 481601

Reply By: Member - Netnut (VIC) - Saturday, Apr 14, 2012 at 10:35

Saturday, Apr 14, 2012 at 10:35
G'day Mick.
If you're still looking for a way to access the space behind the dash on both sides, I can help as I'm in the process of installing a UHF and a Redarc brake controller.

The UHF radio I installed is a Uniden UH7760NB with the controls on the microphone. Installation was a snap ! The microphone is secured horizontally immediately ahead the compartment/s on the console. I chose this spot as my use of the UHF is infrequent.

The brake controller is a Redarc EBRH unit. I have positioned the control unit neatly into the dash by modifying the push-out switch blank (with hook) on the RHS of the steering wheel. The actual controller box I mounted on the cross member below the steering column and behind the removeable plastic panel. Getting this panel off was tricky as there was a screw hidden away on the LHS.

The Mazda has an ECU-controlled ie: variable voltage alternator. The sparky at the Mazda dealership informed me that a relay needs to be installed in the wiring to ensure optimum performance from the EBRH. I'll be letting the local auto electrician do this !

If you want to know more, please ask.
Cheers,
Netnut
AnswerID: 483066

Follow Up By: mick b5 - Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 20:42

Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 20:42
HI NETNUT, Thank for your positive respond But i got it fitted -- let my son loose with a screwdriver and in no time at all there was bits of dash laying ever were BUT IT TURNED OUT PERFECT- screwed the main unit to the main brace L/H side of S/wheel and the controller & light went in the spare socket far L/H side on the dash--the C B went in the cavity in the center console a good fit with the speaker facing forward with the microphone L H side below the wheel --ALL power wiring went straight to the battery-- the full job took 1-1/2 days about 6 hours work--THANKS FOR YOUR INTERSEST--MICK.
FollowupID: 759223

Sponsored Links