Landcruiser HZJ105R - Fantastic but....

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 20:21
ThreadID: 92852 Views:5198 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Well I finally managed to get the new wheels into some dirty stuff and had a great time up on the turquiose coast of WA exploring. She didn't skip a beat and handled the dunes and rocky tracks like a dream BUT one of the things that I have to say is really annoying is the lack of (or non existence of) CENTRAL LOCKING! I didn't really need it off the beaten track but stopping off on the way and getting supplies etc with thousands of bucks of camera gear in the back was a pain. Having to check each door before I left it and then stretching across to unlock the passenger side when we returned to the vehicle with an impatient Mrs shaking her head was equally a pain. I can deal with the manual window winders no worries but why Toyota did not include central locking in this model (or any post 2000 vehicle) is beyond me. Which brings me to my question, has anyone had after market central locking fitted to the 105 series? If so are there any issues and how much weight will be dropped from my wallet! Thanks in advance

Craig
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ross M - Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 21:53

Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 21:53
G'day Cruiser74
If you go to Jaycar they sell a 4 unit central locking for about $80 and I think you can add extra units for the rear door too . You have to run the wiring but $200 should see it out.
AnswerID: 481681

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 21:54

Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 21:54
Craig,

Jaycar electronics have a couple of central locking kits available, and think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the price!!!!

Re the door opening/locking pains, you've got it all wrong. You open the Wife's door, assist her into the vehicle, along with all the shopping bags(if you haven't put them in the back), then as you saunter around to your door, she's so chuffed that you'd open the door for her, she leans across and unlocks your door.

Easy as. Been doing it for years, and it works "most" of the time....just don't upset 'em first.

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 481682

Follow Up By: Member - Cruiser74 - Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 22:03

Wednesday, Mar 28, 2012 at 22:03
Thanks Bob! I feel ashamed of course I should have been doing that all along. Thanks for the gentlemans tip! Will check out Jaycar, sounds like the problem can be sold relatively cheaply. Cheers!
FollowupID: 757011

Reply By: Member - Col G (WA) - Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 09:32

Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 09:32
Craig

Probably the only issue you will have is fitting the actuators, the 100 series uses cables to operate the locks not the usual rods. Its a bit more fiddly to attach the actuators.

Cheers

Col

AnswerID: 481713

Sponsored Links