Caravan gas problems.

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 00:59
ThreadID: 92859 Views:2218 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Have the normal gas set up for caravan. Two bottles carried in front boot supplying gas (one at a time) via a dual stage regulator. When either gas bottle is turned on gas flows through regulator and straight out through the small vent at bottom of regulator. (Small hole covered with a fine mesh). Have tried different gas bottles . Tried two different regulators and same thing. Gas flows straight out through vent of each one. Can't believe all regulators are faulty.
Am away from home at present and local enquiries have not been helpful. Any suggestions???
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rangiephil - Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 09:02

Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 09:02
You have 2 faulty regulators with split diaphragms.
I have never tried it but perhaps on back to front . The arrow points in the direction the gas should flow.
Regards Philip A
AnswerID: 481707

Reply By: Shaker - Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 09:52

Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 09:52
I agree it is hard to believe 2 could have the same problem assuming the second one was new.
Try a third, if the problem is still there, get qualified help!
AnswerID: 481714

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:02

Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:02
The single regulator on our house started leaking last year, so called the plumber.

He said these latest regs, have some modification that doesn't last, and would be lucky to get a couple of years from them. Especially in an outdoor environment.

Sounds like the same problem with yours, Terry.

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 757042

Sponsored Links