fishing trip lorella springs

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 17:52
ThreadID: 92877 Views:3585 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
My wife and i are heading north from the sunshine coast early to mid may with the ultimate intention of getting to lorella springs and then on to Rosie Creek fishing camp. Anyone else heading that way about that time. maybe we could hook up
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tezza Qld - Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 18:26

Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 18:26
Hi Peter

Not going till later on in the year. We were there two years ago and sure is a great spot.

We also called in to Manangora which is better fishing if you have a boat. NO FACILITIES at all, including water. Was $150 to drive through the gate and stay as long as you like.

Have a great trip

Cheers Teza
AnswerID: 481765

Follow Up By: Member - Peter S (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 19:53

Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 19:53
Thanks for the quick reply Tezza, I haven't even considered Manangora , though i must admit i had it suggested to me in Bunnings at Maroochydore last week by a bloke whose boat loader i was studying.
That wasn't you was it.
I will have look at it as I am concerned about the accesability at rosie creek given the big wet they are experiencing. I have a boat on the roof and will be towing an off road van.
When you say later in the year when do you mean.
FollowupID: 757082

Follow Up By: Member - Tezza Qld - Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 20:27

Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 20:27
Hi Peter.

No it was't me at Bunnings.

We will probably look towards August but we are never certain.
From memory the track into Manangora is about 28 k's and was fairly rough , if towing .

If doing the Rosie River thing you would leave the van at Lorella and tent it at Rosie.

The track from Rosie to the beach was doable last time we were there and there is a small creek either side but for boating forget it.

I just want to catch a yesterday fish, because everywhere we go they say you should have been here yesterday.

Enjoy It's a great part of the world

Cheers Teza
FollowupID: 757093

Follow Up By: Member Andys Adventures - Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 20:41

Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 20:41
Hi Peter, I am the caretaker at Lorella Springs and you will have no trouble getting out to Rosie Creek the track is going to be accessed in a few days. Last rain we had out here was on Xmas day all tracks are hard and firm. We are open now and have our first campers here. They tell me the track is in good shape coming in. We had a very dry wet session this year. Hope you have a great time.
Yours Andy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 757098

Follow Up By: Member - Blackie - Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 22:21

Thursday, Mar 29, 2012 at 22:21
Hi Peter
We will be there about the same time. silver F Truck.

Andy are you staying for the tourist season or is Rhett & Fi back again

Cheers Blackie
FollowupID: 757106

Follow Up By: Member Andys Adventures - Friday, Mar 30, 2012 at 07:52

Friday, Mar 30, 2012 at 07:52
Hi Blackie,
I will be here till 7th May then heading up to Darwin for a car service, from there over to the Kimberley for awhile. I should be back by mid Sep for another wet session, and hope its a wet one.
Rhett will be here today to start setting up. We will be going out to the fishing camp in a few days to check the track. Will post an update then.
Andy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 757128

Reply By: Member Andys Adventures - Friday, Mar 30, 2012 at 14:18

Friday, Mar 30, 2012 at 14:18
Hi Peter,
Jason was the first to come in last year and it was the wettest year ever, and the track had had no traffic on it but they did get to Rosie creek with trailers.
Their were 3 off road trailers there last year and by the looks of things the track will be in good shape. Will let you know in a few days after going out their.
The track coming in is dry and smooth, with creek crossings at 700mm.
Andy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 481861

Sponsored Links