Jayco caravan windows (starcraft) 1994 model

Submitted: Monday, Apr 02, 2012 at 22:03
ThreadID: 92976 Views:4340 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Can you help, last week I opened the rear window on my Jayco starcraft 1994 model to put on my new rego sticker on doing this I asked my wife to wind the window back in. Doing this I heard something pop then noticed one side of the window drop down, so now I have bought some metal corner brackets to replace the broke one.
Can some one give advice on how to carry out the job, or is there a web site which explain the stages and if possible with diagrams or something, help would be gratefully excepted. Regards Gordon.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Wozikev - Tuesday, Apr 03, 2012 at 14:35

Tuesday, Apr 03, 2012 at 14:35
I have replaced the 90 degree internal bracket from the top corner of a window, if that is what you are referring to. (on a 1989 Jayco). The window had to be removed to do the job. I had to start by drilling out the two rivets securing the winding mechanism to both sides of the window. Once the window was free of its adjusters, I was able to slide the window out of its top fixing. There is usually a small plastic retaining plug arrangement in the ends of this track that needs to be removed first so that the window can slide out. Once the window is out, you can get it on the bench and get to the 4 screws retaining the 90 degree bracket. There are two screws on the side and two on top usually, and you can't get to the top ones until the window is out. When replacing the pop rivets you drilled out earlier, just carefully pull them up enough to do the job and cut the nails off with side cutters. If you overdo it, your heading for trouble. From memory, these rivets were fairly long reach, about 1/8 by 5/8".
I hope this is what you were after and that I've been of some help.
I'm a two finger typist and I've just about worn 'em out.

Cheers .......................... KP.
AnswerID: 482243

Follow Up By: Gordon B2 - Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 11:32

Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 11:32
Sorry mate for not getting back to you but been away for three days at the central coast of NSW just got back, thanks for the info on the window and that will be a job to do over Easter let you Know how I get on thanks again Gordo.
FollowupID: 757653

Follow Up By: andrew b2 - Tuesday, Apr 10, 2012 at 19:54

Tuesday, Apr 10, 2012 at 19:54
Greetings
I find myself in same position as Gordon,however I broke the second frame corner bracket while trying to fix the original broken plastic clip.
Where did you source the clip from please?
Cheers andrew
FollowupID: 757968

Follow Up By: Gordon B2 - Tuesday, Apr 10, 2012 at 22:28

Tuesday, Apr 10, 2012 at 22:28
Hi Andrew
Look up wwwCaravanPlus.com.au the parts list are there, I got a pair of metal corner clips sent by post to nsw for $10-71, but also checked out my local Jayco dealer in Newcastle and they sold both the plastic and metal ones, go for the metal common sense pays off in the end, I think from memory the metal ones cost $4-00 each from my local Jayco dealer, I got them delivered in 3 days from Caravan Plus. Hope this helps Gordon.
FollowupID: 757991

Follow Up By: andrew b2 - Tuesday, Apr 10, 2012 at 23:05

Tuesday, Apr 10, 2012 at 23:05
Thankyou Gordon, I will chase some up tomorrow.
Appreciate the help. Cheers Andrew
FollowupID: 757992

Sponsored Links