OZONE SHIELD

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 08:59
ThreadID: 93000 Views:9266 Replies:12 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
We have just ordered our new BT50 yesterday very excited but have a question for the forum , the dealer offered a package from Ozone Shield ,paint protection, fabric protection, vinyl & leather protection,Electronic rust protection and window tint at $1890. has anyone had any experience with this product.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rags - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 09:18

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 09:18
you probably should get the ozone shield ,as we all know about the dangers to ozone layer with us driving polluting 4wds
AnswerID: 482292

Reply By: Bluefin48 - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 09:29

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 09:29
Hi Carl,although I brought my Ranger High Rider back in 2007, ford offered me the same deal, there price then was just over $1800, I told them that at that price I was not interested, they came back with $1450, that sounded better. Ok the ozone shield has been great, paint protection, Not bad but obviously won't stop chipping from flying stones though, scotch gaurded seats, good, electronic rust protection useless, but depending on what brand is fitted. As far as the vehicle goes I would buy another one ,great for towing our 16ft van.BT50,Ranger almost identical. good luck.
AnswerID: 482295

Reply By: member - mazcan - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 09:34

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 09:34
hi
i have a 1997 mazda bravo sdx dualcab it has been on several beach trips and been in plenty of wet and muddy conditions over the years and still doesnt have any rust problems the paint faded but never peeled or cracked
so dont waste your money on rust treatment as for all the other thing in

my honest opinion they are just gimmicks that the selling agents makes a fortune out of and are unneccessary for longitvity of of this new ute with all its lastest built-in technology
just give it regular washes as i have done with truck wash and you wont have a problem
and i was of the impression its windows are already tinted apart from a good set of seat covers to protect the seats if you read the mazda brochure the vehicle has high quality this and that including paint
there's big commissions for the salesmen for pushing all those products as one honest salesman admitted to me
save your money but then its your money that you will be throwing away
lol
cheers
AnswerID: 482296

Reply By: Member - Craig F (WA) - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 09:49

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 09:49
Ask how much it will cost you to keep it in Warrenty. Usualy a yearly inspection and re-coat to line there pockets.

CF
AnswerID: 482297

Follow Up By: Member -Carl R (QLD) - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 10:10

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 10:10
They tell me its a life time warranty and a once of treatment
FollowupID: 757540

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 11:59

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 11:59
This always amuses me. Whose lifetime though. Mine? I may go any minute so it is of no use to the boss. Their lifetime as car salesman. That tenable. Lifetime of the car - who knows.

Unless they can put an exact figure on it, we will not touch it.

Phil
FollowupID: 757543

Follow Up By: Ross M - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 12:28

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 12:28
A good comment vk1dx.

What does lifetime really mean. Most of these things are really good money earners for the dealer with hardly any cost for them but the reward to them is immense.
I often mention, as long as everone supports the same dilusion then everything is ok.
It is when you start asking questions you find it is just a belief and not of much substance.

Ross M
FollowupID: 757546

Reply By: Bazooka - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 10:10

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 10:10
Hi Carl
I don't know anything about Ozone Shield but for fabric, vinyl and leather protection (and paint protection for that matter) there are numerous, simple-to-apply products out there for the do-it-yourselfer. Under $150 and a couple of hours would see your new truck ready to go. Re-apply regularly.

Rust protection? Save your money.

Window tint - excellent if it's done expertly, and does lower the inside temp a little (vehicle colour is more important in that regard as we all know).

Paint protection? There are so many different products out there, including some you can apply yourself. Guess that's why you asked. I'd suggest you google and read the comments.

Here's a very general comment about such packages : NRMA comment

AnswerID: 482298

Reply By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 11:44

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 11:44
I was prevailed upon to pay for a "package" when purchasing my last new car......Underbody, rust protection, fabric treatment, paint protection, and whatever.
I said "What, didn't the manufacturer do the job properly?" and walked off.

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 482304

Follow Up By: Life Member - esarby (NSW) - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 12:22

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 12:22
I had this offer when I purchased my vehicle, it also included a three Roadside Assistance package for $2500 all up. My hand went into my back pocket and I could feel my wrist grip my wallet with extreme pressure. I tried to extract my wallet with no avail. It must of been a sign from the Gods. "MONEY WELL SAVED"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 757545

Follow Up By: Member - Murray R (VIC) - Thursday, Apr 05, 2012 at 23:01

Thursday, Apr 05, 2012 at 23:01
I had the same deal put to me when I brought my old Bravo, their mood went sour when I asked if they could remove the floor carpet and swap it to as the car was going to do a lot of dirty work back then. If your car is garaged and wash and cleaned regularly then these packages are money wasted I think.

Murray
Another Mexican

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 757629

Reply By: Ross M - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 12:37

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 12:37
If this is the same dealer who sold you the vehicle I would be on high alert when service time for your vehicle. Sounds distinctly like they are all geared up to rip you off and that is their focus as it is for most dealers, perhaps not all.

Many are called stealerships. Customer service is something they have heard about and believe in but can't bring themselves to implement into their business practice.
AnswerID: 482309

Follow Up By: Life Member - esarby (NSW) - Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 11:42

Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 11:42
No worries on that front. I had the first service done by the dealer 12000 ks. $785 for what seemed to be just a change of oil and a check up al round. One and half hour in workshop. Have not been back for a service since. The warranty. I have been back to them five time in the past two and half years for items to be fixed, no worries. They even asked me if I wanted an extended warranty. As my present mechanic looks after my vehicle to my satisfaction, I will not be changing.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 757655

Reply By: dbish - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 14:09

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 14:09
Having spent 13Yrs as a mechanic in a Ford dealership, this is whats called Value adding to the bottom line for the dealer. Regular & proper cleaning of a vehicle does more for it than buying these products.
AnswerID: 482315

Reply By: Honky - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 14:49

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 14:49
If you read the handbook most say that there is no need to even polish the vehicle but if you want to, go ahead.

Honky
AnswerID: 482317

Reply By: Rick (S.A.) - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 16:08

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 16:08
just quitting my second patrol in favour of a new BT-50.

Love the dual cab/cab or chassis/tray functionality.

If only I could get an auto in the cab chassis - having driven both manual & auto & talked to an acquaintance who has 7,000 km under his belt in a manual, the auto is the only one worth buying, IMHO. So the auto means a styleside ute, which then means mods by me to set it up properly for outback travel.

I collect it tomorrow afternoon....no doubt it won't be standard for long!
Ordered a ARB bull bar as they look better, are better mounted and are cheaper than the mazda offer. No after market manufacturer has suspension packages, as yet.......won't be long.

Did not get protection deal - but will get seat fabric protection out of some sort of spray can, e.g. Scotch or 3M
AnswerID: 482321

Follow Up By: Life Member - esarby (NSW) - Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 11:45

Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 11:45
I just bought a decent set of seat covers. They come off and washed when the get a bit dirty.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 757656

Follow Up By: Rick (S.A.) - Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 17:10

Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 17:10
Just read the Mazda book that comes with vehicle.

- because of airbags in the seat, Mazda don't recommend seat covers - they may interfere with deployment/functionality.

And yet seat covers are an accessory available for the BT50, according to the website.

Anyhow, the new BT50 4WD is very easy to drive and extremely smooth. It's also very quiet. It feels luxurious but I reckon any tight new vehicle is gunna be a bit like that. This year's runs in the western deserts will get rid of tightness, pronto!

Soon will tell BT 50 is the real McCoy. A run up to Bourke and back, from Adelaide, along a few dirt roads, with 3 passengers & gear, should see what's what.

Cheers
FollowupID: 757672

Reply By: Flighty ( WA ) - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 17:58

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 17:58
Carl
Don't waste your hard earned $$$$ on the dealers xmas party they don't deserve it.

Cheers
Paul

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 482326

Reply By: JimDi - Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 20:28

Wednesday, Apr 04, 2012 at 20:28
Had the same offer from a toyota dealership when purchasing new in 2011. The salesman was at arms length,this was a follow up after the confirmed sale and prior to pickup of our new vehicle.
From memory the offer came from follow up sales staff whose sole job was offering this service,that is rust protection ,paint and seat etc. Would have only cost around $2500 or so.
The odd thing about it was they only offered to do it prior to delivery as they could not do it once delivery took place. Which struck me as being very strange.
Needless to say I declined.
Jim
AnswerID: 482336

Sponsored Links