DIY - Driving light installation (Ziel Wiring Loom)

Submitted: Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 10:22
ThreadID: 9441 Views:3772 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
The Ziel Wiring kit is FANTASTIC.

It is plug and play in the truist sense.

NO cuting wires, you mount the rely, connect the lights, remove the plug from the back of one of the headlights and insert the double adaptor thing that gives you the hi beam on off, join up the battery and that is it for the engine bay area.

The only difficult part is getting the wire through the fire wall.

All up a really simply installation, and the the lights work a treat.

The only things you really need in addition to the lights and wiring loom are, some
of the electrical ties to tidy up the wires in the engine bay.

A self taping screw for the earth and a chasis bolt to mount the rely bracket.

All up it took me and the girlfriends dad (who have never done this sort of thing before about 3 hrs to get everything set up and operational.

This is a really simple kit that anyone can mount.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: maverick - Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 12:08

Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 12:08
I trust the kit also had a relay (or 2) for the lights?????? If not just to make sure everything works as it should get a couple and fit them. Life then will be even better. rgds
AnswerID: 41539

Follow Up By: Macca50 - Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 12:11

Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 12:11
yep, the kit includes one rely for both the lights.

The best thing i found obout the kit was the wire size, it was probably 5 times the size (diameter) or the stuff in both the Hella and Narva kits I was looking at. Both those seemed to require cuting of existing cables and wires where at the full loom from Ziel does not.
FollowupID: 304058

Reply By: mik*2 - Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 13:39

Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 13:39
Is this a kit you can buy from a 4WD shop? How much was it? I guess it's universal. I've got to wire up mine. Is the wire through the firewall for an isolator switch. For you blokes with Nissans, can you buy a switch that will fit straight into the blanked out positions in the dash?

cheers
mike
AnswerID: 41554

Follow Up By: Macca50 - Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 13:43

Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 13:43
The kit is available at Repco for $49.

I would say it is universal and really easy.

Re the switch I bought a different switch to the one supplied. I got it at Repco to it was a Narva swicth I fits in the push out og my prado, the standard size for the narva switchs is 34.5mm long by 20mm wide. My slot was 20mm wide (no worries) but 40mm long. The top of the swicth covers the 40mm but the locking tabs dont grab anything.

But anything looks better than the swicth you get in the kit it is a big long toggle switch.
FollowupID: 304063

Reply By: mik*2 - Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 13:48

Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 13:48
thanks macca, I'll go and get one today....

mike
AnswerID: 41555

Sponsored Links