Mobile phone installation in 03 Prado

Submitted: Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 11:46
ThreadID: 9445 Views:1693 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'Day all,
Has anyone out there recently installed a Nokia "hands free " mobile phone kit in a 03 Prado? If so, where did you pick up the two power supplies from, the unswitched active supply and the switched accessory supply? Near impossible to get behind the fuse carrier.
"Dam japs have small hands!" Any help?
Regards,
Bazza.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bob L - Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 12:01

Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 12:01
Option 1 Go permanent power direct from battery (join red and blue wires).
Option 2 If your game pick up permanent and accessory power off back of radio.
Option 3 As above but off the Ignition switch.
Option 4 Permanent Power from Battery and Acc. fro Cig adapter wiring.

To mount cradle "Dont" drill the dash, If you remove the righthand side of centre console you should be able to fashion a "no holes" bracket to suit.

Cheers
Bob L

AnswerID: 41537

Follow Up By: Bazza - Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 12:31

Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 12:31
G'Day Bob,
Thanks for your responce. What I have done at the moment is your Option1 suggestion except that I have run both from the accessory socket, which is only live with the ignition or accessories on. There must be a problem happening in this configuation as I blow the accessory socket fuse after a while, not imedeatly?
Regards,
Bazza.
FollowupID: 304060

Reply By: Member - Bob L - Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 18:09

Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 18:09
Bazza.
Both red and blue wires combined should not draw more than 3 amps(2amp fuse on perm. and 1 amp acc).Yellow and green wires not used. If you are blowing the cig acc fuse something is wrong? Make sure h/f kit is fused to narrow down the problem. Which model nokia, Does the battery get hot? ie over charging because it is not reaching optimum voltage level.
Normally kit would be powered up via permanent supply which is then in a position to recognise the acc. signal. If it wont switch the phone on you may have to do it manually.

Good luck
Bob L

AnswerID: 41578

Reply By: ** - Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 09:38

Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 at 09:38
I had this problem on Boxing Day. After much investigation I decided it was near impossible to pick up a power feed from within the car without damaging a panel in the process. The wires used internally are real small as well and I wasn't sure of their capabilities. Using a multimeter I eventually found switched and unswitched feeds under the cover of the main fuse box (under the bonnet) and simply ran wires from there. Really easy using spade terminals.

Good Luck
Howard
AnswerID: 42024

Sponsored Links