Lokkas

Submitted: Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 22:16
ThreadID: 9457 Views:1410 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Can you fit a Automatic lokka to the front diff of a part-time 4wd IF..... you have autolocking hubs? Do the hubs get tricked into locking?
Lokkas have been mentioned in the archives numerous times and this query was raised and briefly discussed but not really resolved. Personally I cant see a problem but then I am no expert....

Another point: Searching throught the archives is a real pain as you get returns totally unrelated ie: Search for Diff locks and you get hits for words such as "DIFFerant" or " LOCKed the car". I did a search for "snorkle" the other day and got a hit from every post one member has even made (he lists the bits on his car on every post) Imagine how many hits you would get if you typed in "Truck" Lol

Jim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: prado95 - Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 23:09

Friday, Jan 02, 2004 at 23:09
First up 'Lokka' is a brand name (simliar to LOCKRITE in function), but locally produced.

Otherwise the answer is YES - they can be fitted.

The auto locking part will depend on the particular design for suitability.

I have them in a part time 4wd with manual hubs. Works wonders (except steering can be a bit of fun on slippery stuff).

Dave
AnswerID: 41600

Follow Up By: Jimmy - Saturday, Jan 03, 2004 at 07:46

Saturday, Jan 03, 2004 at 07:46
Lokka is the brand I wish to fit. But want to clarify the bit about auto locking hubs. Are you saying some type of auto locking hubs are ok with diff locks and some arn't?
FollowupID: 304108

Reply By: Dave from Fraser Coast 4WD Club - Saturday, Jan 03, 2004 at 08:14

Saturday, Jan 03, 2004 at 08:14
There shouldn't be a noticeable problem with the auto locking hubs. The locka will not 'engage' until there is torque coming from the tailshaft, not from the road.

It is eaxacltly the same as the owner of a part time with manual hubs, having the hubs in while in 2H, I certainly do not feel my lockright during this time.
AnswerID: 41621

Sponsored Links