The Gulf Track

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 11, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 947 Views:1406 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Any advice on road conditions from Normaton to Burketown July to August would be appreciated. many thanks. Jinki
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DennisN - Saturday, Apr 13, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Apr 13, 2002 at 00:00
G'day Jinki. I notice nobody has replied to you as of yet. i personally have not done the road but was talking to my son and his mate last night about it. they are both ex ringers from Cowan Downs and Neumayer Valley stations and know the road backwards. They reckon it is "very ordinary", but you should no problems traversing it with any decent sort of vehicle. They suggested a better alternative would be to take the "black top" via their favourite watering holes at the Burke & Wills roadhouse [a terror on Friday nights] and the pub at Gregory Downs, but there again, they are young tearaway "boys from the bush". regards
AnswerID: 2801

Reply By: Peter - Monday, Apr 15, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Apr 15, 2002 at 00:00
We did the trip in July two years ago. We were lucky that the wet lasted a bit late so when we went they had just graded the road & were still going in places. A dream run really. Couple of rough wash outs but nothing major. If you have the time go to Lawn Hill NP for a few days. A great place to relax.
AnswerID: 2861

Sponsored Links