Back to St George Gathering

Submitted: Friday, Apr 06, 2012 at 14:37
ThreadID: 94720 Views:1864 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I am home after a great 5 days in St George.
The gathering was attended by the following members - Isuzumu, Kevin S (QLD), Trev K, TravellinKyds and Myself.

We had a great few days exploring the area, finding a few new free camps and sharing camp fire cooking tips.

Only Isuzumu and Myself had attended an EO Gathering before so it was great to meet some new faces, I am sure we will be meeting more of each other as we all got along well. My kids loved the fact that they had found another 3 sets of "Grandparents" who loved to spoil them LOL

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Isuzumu - Saturday, Apr 07, 2012 at 15:37

Saturday, Apr 07, 2012 at 15:37
Well organised Kev, we all had a great time. We left Kevin and Ruth at Dirranbandi this morning and they were heading down to Lighting Ridge to say hello to Trevor and Margaret and we are now in Moree and off to Deepwater tomorrow. So thanks again
for your and your Mum and Dads hospitality mate.
AnswerID: 482471

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Saturday, Apr 07, 2012 at 16:27

Saturday, Apr 07, 2012 at 16:27
Bruce,

Hopefully the next one Sam will come along as well LOL

Thanks for great company once again.

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 757720

Reply By: Member - Trev K - Monday, Apr 09, 2012 at 07:41

Monday, Apr 09, 2012 at 07:41
Thanks very much Sir Kev,we had "The Best" time,and we hope there will be many more get togethers like that.
We are still at Lightning Ridge, and had a visit from Kev and Ruth yesterday. Had a sausage sizzle and a couple of drinks. It was good to see them again. They also returned Rufus's lead and collar,for which he was very gratefull, and says thanks to Ash for finding it in the door pocket.
Many thanks also to your Mum and Dad for their hospitality and use of facilities.
We will wait with anticipation for the next time we are all able to get together again. Well done mate.
Cheers, Trev K.
AnswerID: 482569

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Monday, Apr 09, 2012 at 08:02

Monday, Apr 09, 2012 at 08:02
Thanks for attending "King" Trev LOL

I am sure Ash will sleep easier now that Rufus has his collar and lead returned :)

I hope you are not burning all that good firewood too quickly as well.

See you at the next one.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 757846

Reply By: Member - Kevin S (QLD) - Wednesday, Apr 11, 2012 at 17:22

Wednesday, Apr 11, 2012 at 17:22
Here we are at last. Late again! I had written a response a few days ago and the modem went down before I could send it. Finally got back to it.

Also our thanks, Sir Kev for your organising and to your parents for allowing us all to camp at their front door. We had a great time. This was our first gathering but won't be the last.

Thanks Trev K for your hospitality at the Ridge. Ruth said it was a great way to spend a birthday. Before we left town on Monday morning we visited the Big Opal, went down and back up the famous 113 steps of the spiral staircase and added an modest opal to Ruth's jewellery collection in the form of a pendant.
Cheers,
Kevin
Kevin
It is important to always maintain a sense of proportion

2019 Mitsubishi Cross

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 482774

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Wednesday, Apr 11, 2012 at 18:55

Wednesday, Apr 11, 2012 at 18:55
Kevin,

Good to meet you both, hope to see you on the Central QLD trip in June/July ;)
I'll be better behaved that time as the boss will be with me hehehehe

Thanks for delivering Rufus's collar and lead back to Trev for me.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 758058

Sponsored Links