Troopy Injectors- HJ75RV

Submitted: Monday, Apr 09, 2012 at 18:42
ThreadID: 94775 Views:1738 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys,

I have what i think is a major problem......well im worried about it anyway.

I have just recently removed my fuel injectors on the troopy and had them serviced.

On the 6th injector i noticed that the washer didnt come out with the injector and now its stuck.

Ive tried O ring picks, screwdrivers and ive even tried to split the washer but i cant get it out.....

Im struggling as to what i do next besides getting it towed to a professional or asking a mechanic to come around and try to remove it.

Has ANYONE had a similar problem and resolved it????

Please help...

GAZ
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Monday, Apr 09, 2012 at 20:25

Monday, Apr 09, 2012 at 20:25
Gaz,

Suppose a pair of internal circlip pliers wouldn't be long enough, and maybe too thick to do the job?

When you say it's stuck, have you moved it at all, or is it still in situ, but "glued" in with carbon etc? What about trimming down a small cold chisel to split it, and also loosen some of the carbon?

Wondered about an Easi-Out, but the washer would have to be off the seat in the head, for that to work.

or google "stuck injector washes"

Good luck,

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 482627

Follow Up By: Gaz W - Sunday, Apr 15, 2012 at 18:30

Sunday, Apr 15, 2012 at 18:30
Hi Bob,

I loosened all the carbon but could not move it at all. I even tried to split it but couldnt.
I spoke to my mechanic and he said to just leave it in there so thats what i did.
No problems at all.
It sounds fresh now and i think it runs alot smoother.

Thanks for you reply.
Cheers
FollowupID: 758450

Reply By: Ozhumvee - Monday, Apr 09, 2012 at 20:26

Monday, Apr 09, 2012 at 20:26
Haven't had the problem on a 1HZ but have on other diesels and I just put the reco or new injector back in and used the jammed washer, they tend to be pretty soft so seal ok second time around if done up to spec.
AnswerID: 482628

Follow Up By: Gaz W - Sunday, Apr 15, 2012 at 18:27

Sunday, Apr 15, 2012 at 18:27
Hi mate.

Yeah i just put the new injector back in.....
Worked a treat.
Cheers
FollowupID: 758449

Sponsored Links