Review: Great Desert Tracks Atlas & Guide

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 5/5

A comprehensive guide to Australia's deserts containing practical information about 28 different arid areas, detailed maps of each and a guide (with photographs) to animals and plants found in them. There is also a complete Great Desert Tracks atlas.
The book begins with a chapter' All About Deserts'...what a desert is, with maps showing climate classification, rainfall and temperature and climate, geological origins, naming, and major habitats. There is also a chapter on travelling safely, vehicle preparation and communication, survival and even food, cooking and shopping list guides to keep weight to a minimum and lots more.
A chapter on each desert contains detailed general information including camping places, flora and fauna, landscape and roads, places of interest, historical features, available supplies and fuel. There are also important contact names and numbers for each.
It also contains many wonderful photographs.
This book would be a valuable addition for anyone contemplating a trip to one of Australia's deserts such as the Simpson or travelling on many of the outback's iconic tracks such as the Strzelecki, Tanami, Oodnadatta.
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links