OBD scanners

Submitted: Friday, Apr 13, 2012 at 17:36
ThreadID: 94871 Views:4061 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi to all, I am looking for a OBD scanner to use on my 2006 4x4 RA Rodeo. The scanners Holden dealers use cost around $4500 which is far beyond what I can afford. In my old 4x4s I have always been able to do something to get out of trouble but with my latest 4x4 if a sensor plays up I got no hope. I go to some remote places and so far I have been lucky that the computer has not given me any trouble. Yes I can use the sat phone and wait for days and cost thousand of dollars for help to come but if I had an affordable OBD scanner I could at least work out the problem. I have seen cheap OBD scanners- software on ebay but I have no idea if any of them will do the job. So if anyone can help me out I will be very grateful.
Bi for now Rod.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Friday, Apr 13, 2012 at 18:13

Friday, Apr 13, 2012 at 18:13
Do you have an android phone?

I bought a Bluetooth ODB11 dongle on ebay for $45 and an application called torque pro on android's market for $4.50. It is great, read and reset codes, graph things like the sensors, Kw, O2 levels etc etc etc all wirelessly displayed on my phone.

Unbelievable.

AnswerID: 483018

Follow Up By: Mick O - Friday, Apr 13, 2012 at 19:45

Friday, Apr 13, 2012 at 19:45
Second that. I got a wireless for the android smart phone for $15 deliveredWireless OBD Plug - Ebay and bought the torque application. Apparently works very well on tablets as well. Is also available for Apple type phones and tablets. A lot easier than scan gauge or the expensive PLX guages (althought the PLX are great) - see here; - PLX OBD multi gauges

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 758233

Follow Up By: Notso - Friday, Apr 13, 2012 at 20:55

Friday, Apr 13, 2012 at 20:55
3rd that, I've been using Torque plus $40.00 adapter on the mitsubishi Triton for a while now, great tool. Worth buying an android phone just for this!
FollowupID: 758239

Sponsored Links