Question : EOTrackme

EOTrackme :Live tracking uploaded to internet .
Am I right in presuming EOTrackme will work with a gps receiver & laptop
I.E Garmin hand held GPS or BU353 mouse connected to a laptop .?

Question. does EOTrackme use satellite service or phone coverage ?

I have windows 7 on a laptop , Garmin 60 GPS basecamp & mapsource .

cheers nick

Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Life Member - esarby (NSW) - Sunday, Apr 15, 2012 at 15:51

Sunday, Apr 15, 2012 at 15:51
Nick b. See post 94905. You previous posted today. Also there is a good article under GPS on here.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 483187

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Sunday, Apr 15, 2012 at 20:10

Sunday, Apr 15, 2012 at 20:10
Nick,
EOTrackMe is the online service and for your client (Laptop) you would use EOtrackMePC this connects your GPS to the EOTrackMe servers via phone coverage. It also records all points when you are out of service and uploads them when service appears again.

The EOtrackMePC system also integrates into OziExplorer so you can also still have your moving maps etc.

But for your product list at present you just need to the EOTrackMePC version to create the link from your GPS/Laptop to the EOTrackMe servers.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 483215

Follow Up By: Member - nick b - Sunday, Apr 15, 2012 at 20:24

Sunday, Apr 15, 2012 at 20:24
Thanks for your reply David , So unlike spot if your running around the back blocks and you want some one to know your location EOTrackme won't work like that till you return to phone coverage area ?

regards nick
Cheers Nick b

FollowupID: 758465

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:31

Monday, Apr 16, 2012 at 10:31
Nick,

Well no EOTrackMe can use a SPOT device as a client. But EOTrackMePC which uses the phones data service will record everything but only transmit when in service. It depends then on your phone service, if you have a sat phone then it will continue to work just the same as a spot client.

I know I am harping on the words and differenciating between EOTrackMe and EOTrackMePC but there is a good reason for this as the EOTrackME system is completly independant on devices. I now have EOTrackMe servers using HF radio connections, email client types, little MT90 and TK201 trackers from China and a heap of ohter devices. EOTrackMePC was written by me as a custom client to work on a PC and connects to the servers over the internet so the connection depends on your devices.

Hope this clears it up.
If you have a SPOT you can set this up on EOTrackMe also. I large number of our members have these on the service now (including me). I however also have my kids phones and a dog tracker running on the system so I can track my kids and pets. There is no limit to what you can track.

Good luck
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 758511

Sponsored Links