People

They are the most awkward of species to get along with. Gee they do some strange things.

Got back from a great 2 week trip recently.

One of the highlights was Googs track, not because it's hard, or long or otherwise, I just had been wanting to do it for some time.

Anyway, I elected to do it north - south, which I actually thought was easier as there was so much traffic going south - north, most of the climbs on the south side had holes in 'em from people sitting there spinning wheels, while the north side was pretty even.

Anyway, several times I had to pull off the track to let north going traffic pass and more often than not, these people didn't even look at you let alone say 'thanks for getting off'.

One couple in a new spotless Prado had to pass me so close (I was totally off the track) that our drivers side mirrors almost touched, I looked at where he was and his passenger wheels weren't even out of the wheel track.

Just unreal. Some people were great, but most wouldn't off you water if you were dying I reckon.

Anyway I just laughed and carried on because I had a winch, snatch straps, quality mud tyres and the knowledge that if I get stuck I'll be able to get out. If they do, they're gonna be pretty much buggered ... well after the Chardonnay runs out anyway.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Thursday, Apr 19, 2012 at 16:44

Thursday, Apr 19, 2012 at 16:44
G'day Siringo

Yes it's sad, but true that people out and about seem ruder than many years ago.

I'm not saying everyone, or the majority, it seems to be a growing minority, and what ever they do wrong it seems to stand out more.

Maybe I'm getting old and grumpy. LOL

AnswerID: 483554

Follow Up By: Madfisher - Thursday, Apr 19, 2012 at 21:28

Thursday, Apr 19, 2012 at 21:28
Years ago you mainly meet country people on country roads, theses days their are a lot more city people travelling remote roads and they simply have no idea of bush driving ettique.
Cheers Pete
FollowupID: 758868

Sponsored Links