Review: ToyLok Original

Submitted: Friday, Apr 20, 2012 at 11:22
ThreadID: 95017 Views:1920 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 1/5

whats stopping a thief from cutting the cable with a battery powered drill with a disc cutter or bolt cutters
imho its just an illusion of the mind to believe your valuables are safe with a toylok
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - Friday, Apr 20, 2012 at 18:10

Friday, Apr 20, 2012 at 18:10
Did you buy one? Is this a review based on your own purchase or just an opinion based on what you are seeing here online? I think it is fair to ask you to clarify this as you've rated it 1 star.

Adele has bought one and says the cable is very thick and she can't imagine that it could be cut through. If you look at the pictures in the item page in our shop you can see the cable in various situations. But yes, some thieves can be very very serious and will stop at nothing.

Michelle
ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

AnswerID: 483679

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Friday, Apr 20, 2012 at 18:28

Friday, Apr 20, 2012 at 18:28
Michelle

If the stainless steel wire is similar to the type I have got then bolt cutters are almost useless against the wire as it rolls and is near impossible to cut.

FollowupID: 758953

Reply By: member - mazcan - Saturday, Apr 21, 2012 at 16:04

Saturday, Apr 21, 2012 at 16:04
hi michelle
i thought i had given it a 3 star rating and was surprised when i read the msg you sent me
i am still trying to get use to my new laptop touch pad and didnt take a second look at the star selection after clicking it
i dont own a toylok
but saw one at easter time used to secure a motor bike on an a/frame of a camper trailer
adele's opinion is respected by me
but in respect to cutting it with a battery powered cutting disc it would take me less than 1 minute so that is why it was my intensions to only rate it with 3 stars so sorry about the 1 that came up

i did not mention bolt cutters as i agree with boo boo's comment it would be difficult to stop it sliding out the jaws of bolt cutters
disc type cutters have to be made up by individuals but isnt very hard to do and i have never seen one in a tool store that operates in an electril drill and i havent seen a battery operated 4''angel grinder there could be one
but i have never assumed to know about everything that is on the market
ps
i might add i dont have a criminal record and the bat- opp- dics cutter i have was made up to cut through 2 large hardened steel padlocks when i lost the keys for them in a situation where i didnt have 240v power onsite
hope this has cleared up the issue and wish i knew how to change the 1 star to 3 stars
cheers
AnswerID: 483756

Follow Up By: Member - Krakka - Saturday, Apr 21, 2012 at 17:40

Saturday, Apr 21, 2012 at 17:40
You certainly can get 18V cordless angle grinders, and are every bit as good as a 240V jobbie.

Cheers
FollowupID: 759036

Sponsored Links