BT50

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 21, 2012 at 18:35
ThreadID: 95051 Views:2692 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Got my new BT50 yesterday absolutely love it .Now for a canopy ,thinking RAZORBACK steel,snorkel any suggestions,front bar again open to suggestions
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ron N - Sunday, Apr 22, 2012 at 11:15

Sunday, Apr 22, 2012 at 11:15
Carl - Ooooh, dat's a flash new set of wheels! I hope you aren't going to actually go 4WDriving in da bush, and start putting scratches in it!!
I think the canopy choice is a personal choice, according to what style of use you actually have in mind.
A snorkel is a very good and sensible addition to any 4WD used extensively on dusty roads, and crossing flooded creeks.
Another important move is extended breather hoses for diffs and transmission, if they aren't already fitted (not all 4WD's have them as factory fit).
Water gets into diffs and trannies very quickly when you enter deep water, with hot diffs and tranny. The cold water cools them off, and creates a vacuum, and they suck water in straightaway. This leads to corroded bearings when you've been parked up for a while - and that leads to expensive repairs.
The designers of these latest models seem to make it harder and harder to fit a decent hopper-stopper.
Check out the range from the major bar suppliers - with a new model, it may be a while before you have a lot of choices.

Cheers - Ron.
AnswerID: 483824

Reply By: Mazdave - Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:00

Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:00
HI Carl,
Dont be in an hurry for the accessories. I have had winch bar, snorkel, 150 litre long range tank, OME suspension ordered for a month and still no sign. They are saying maybe next month.MIne is a freestyle with a steel tray, so Rear end suspension is a bit soft.
Anyhow, good things come to those who wait!
AnswerID: 483900

Reply By: David H20 - Tuesday, Apr 24, 2012 at 22:08

Tuesday, Apr 24, 2012 at 22:08
Hi Carl,
welcome to BT 50 land. We have just had the 10k service done on our GT, and just wrapped in the "Smiley Truck"
Ours has been fitted with Mazda tow bar, front bar and snorkel, ARB canopy, lights and drawers. We are just waiting for the infills for the drawer system which should become available soon, to complete the package. We chose the ARB canopy so that we could use a Rhino Rack boat loader to carry the tinnie.
I have been told that ARB have a front bar ready for release which is winch compatable, so if you are that way inclined, have a chat to them.Our tug is more about towing the van and taking the tinnie from the camp to the ramp, not about hauling through the mud. We had all that fun a few years ago in Land Rovers.
My I offer a word of warning.
Be very careful when you have any extras fitted which touch on the electrical system. We had some bits fitted,( CB, caravan brake controller, dual battery system and rear vision camera from our Disco), by a guy who fits extras for a living, and because he went into the wrong part of the wiring loom to get power, the computer BCM fizzed as a result.
In the end we had to have our Mazda Dealer remove the wiring stuff up, replace the module and start again to install the accessories. These things are super sensative and will pick up if you change the wattage of a bulb! So make sure you are dealing with someone who will stand behind their work, not like this jerk.
Cheers,
Dave

AnswerID: 484079

Sponsored Links