Hello from a newby

Submitted: Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 12:07
ThreadID: 95089 Views:1765 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
A few years back I logged into this forum just for somethin' to do and had a huge chuckle at the going's on. I have learnt so much from what make's the missus happy to how slow the ol grumps go. From how the loo works to how to drive a tent peg into hard ground. From TV to you name it, it is so informative and so responsible for inspiring me and my husband to do some travelling and camping. Thank you for your sense of humor and good mateship that proves the real Aussies are still out and about maybe even walkabout. I have been a fan of so many of you ever since and we are seting off in July on our 6 week camping trip up the coast WA through to GRR and down the Great Northern Hwy with a couple of 4x4's and friends and I will be looking out for the Exploroz Stickers so make sure you got them on. I am soooo excited!!! I'll be back with my itinerary and so you can all assess it for me and give me some heads up. I will appreciate it:)
Cheers for now
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - eighty matey - Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 15:24

Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 15:24
Hi Dirt Princess,

it is a great site for all sorts of info and stories.

We're heading up to the Kimberly in 98 days (and counting) from NSW Central Coast, for 6 weeks with another two couples. All in 80 series Landcruisers.

Our sand flag arrived today and my new spotties go on tomorrow and the new tyres went on last week. I'm ready to go now.

All the best,
Steve

AnswerID: 483919

Follow Up By: Dirt Princess - Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 20:07

Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 20:07
Hey there Steve
If all goes according to plan(and it never does)I'll be leaving El Questro and heading for Kununurrra(God willing) at that time. Good luck with your plans. Forgot to ask if anyone interested in rock collecting and know of some good spots to take a couple of kids aged 10 & 12 years to?
Cya
FollowupID: 759217

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 15:31

Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 15:31
Hi DP,

Thanks for the positive take on the site, its a great place to share info and 99% of posters are the sort of folk you would like to share a campfire with. Its also great to see another girl on here (just occasionally the blokes get it all their way :-)) Hope you have a great trip - remember to take a diary and camera so you can put some blogs up of your adventures.

Cheers,

Val.
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 483920

Follow Up By: Dirt Princess - Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 20:12

Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 20:12
Hello Val
I am so appreciative of all the info you have put onto this forum. And I hope to catch up 'round a camp fire with you and John one day. The camera wont be too far away from me and as for the diary I can just see it now, hubby will be wondering if I'm ever gonna get my head up to see the view because there will be so much to write about.
Cheers again
FollowupID: 759219

Reply By: Member - Royce- Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 19:06

Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 19:06
so... maybe now is the time to get your very own stickers...
I always agonize about membership, and buy overprices items from the shop to defray the cost.... but... the cost has just come down.....

Join us!
AnswerID: 483938

Follow Up By: Member - eighty matey - Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 20:50

Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 20:50
There's always the option of buying some of the valuable, well priced products to the value of $150 to automatically qualify for your membership to be included in the purchase.

I reckon that's a great idea.

Steve
FollowupID: 759224

Reply By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 23:50

Monday, Apr 23, 2012 at 23:50
Dirt Princess, you've summed up this site so well, enjoy your trip, there is nothing like getting out there and doing it. When ever I want to know something this is the first site I run to, the folk on here are always so helpful.
I agree with Val, it's nice to have another 'girl' on here, we are increasing in number LOL Watch out Guys, we're coming..... LOL LOL

Simba, our much missed baby.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 483974

Sponsored Links